Hello from Ohio

rhabyan

Double Actioner
I retired two years ago and decided to take up pencil portrait drawing. Little did I know how difficult it would be. I do however think I would like to try moving to airbrush and see if I can step it up just a few notches. I have posted some of my drawings in a file and would appreciate any advice, good or bad. Anyhow, I am glad to have found this forum and hope to maybe someday be of help to others.

Welcome to the forum, there is plenty to learn here. Let us know if you need any help.

Hi rhabyan, from the uk. Lots of good peeps here ready with help and advice. Where did you post your drawings? I think you need 10 posts before you are able to upload pics, so have a good read, and make some comments and you'll soon have them. In the meantime do you have a link?

Thanks all for the welcoming. Will spend a lot of time reading for now. I posted my photos in an album called Portraits inside my profile.

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:triumphant:

Welcome aboard!! Excellent drawings!! Cant wait to see what you come up with when you start airbrushing!!

Thank you. I can't wait to decide on which brush to get and see what happens also. Sooo.....n though.

Hello and welcome from PA, judging from your portraits most of the experienced go for Iwata (micron) if you can afford it, they say the Badger krome works well too although I haven't used either.... I use the velocity but then I don't do high detail yet as I am just learning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Shadow. I have been doing a lot of research and am currently leading towards an Iwata Eclipse HP-sbs Autographics airbrush. It looks like it would have less obstruction for close work, and still provide the ability for more detail. Sure, it isn't a Micron, but being retired and my wife disabled, doesn't leave much in the budget for something so expensive. Maybe later on if I can find a way to swing it.

I know what you mean bud, im in the same boat....retired and disabled. One of the main things stopping me from going to a high end Iwata.. ok two things lol money and the parts are so costly. I keep a spare needle and nozzle for my velocity and will add all spare parts eventually just in case. I think in my case it would be money that could be better spent on other painting supplies, maybe someday.

Back