Hello from Ontario, Canada

twood

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hello everyone. I live in a small town in southern Ontario, Canada, and am ,lets just say, over 50. I have been artistic all my life and have been in the printing trade for over 30 years.
I have been airbrushing for about 3 months now and I love it. I got hooked after watching some vids on u-tube. I went and bought a cheap Aztec gun to give it a try to see if i liked it. I used my wifes craft paint, which didn't spray very well, but it was enough to find out that i loved it. I went and bought a Paache Talon gun, a small compressor, and some autoair colors to start with.
I am currently on disability, due to tendon and muscle problems and have alot of time on my hands. I have had 3 operations in the last year, and am airbrushing when able. I use this hobby to help with my physio. I can only work on a peice for an hour at a time. It takes me awhile to finish something, but the results even surprise me...lol I will post some pics of what i have done so far after i figure out how.
Thanx
Tony

Welcome Tony, I look forward to seeing some of your work :)
Cheers Mel

welcome to the family tony, its a great place round here, ever expanding with fantastic people, so we all consider ourselves lucky to have another great new member on board (you). dive in , get involved and you will quickly find you get out what you put in....and more..... all the best from the u.k

welcome from sunny South Africa you are in good hands here Tony :)

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home like i do.:cheerful:

Welcome to the forum from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks all. Just finding my away around for now. This seems like a great place and a great group.

Tony

Glen: What part of Ontario you from? I am from Burlington, "welcome aboard"

Glen Morris is the town name....I'm Tony
Glen Morris is just north of Brantford and south of Cambridge off the 24 hyway. I'm near Paris, Ont.
Cheers
Tony

Hello Tony. I am a newbie on here also and they don't seem a bad bunch.

Welcome aboard mate, jump in, join in and have some fun with the AB, heaps of great talent and people on here so you will fit in nicely:)

Hey all
What is the best way to post pictures? Can I use photobucket like I do in a camaro forum I belong to?
Thanks for the help

never mind...lol i figured it out. I thought it would be harder.

Attachments

• IMG-20130129-00271.jpg
    IMG-20130129-00271.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Welcome home Tony. Nice to add you to the family and we have a few of us who are over 50:D

Hey Tony from the uk. My husband has also been in the print trade for ever, since he left school. Are your injuries as a result of your job, he's always saying his grips gone, and has had to have his carpel tunnels done too. Hope you enjoy the site, lots of help on hand, and some awesome artists to keep you inspired!

HI
Yes my injuries are from heaving paper for the last 30 years. I have torn my tendons and muscles right off the bone. I also have carpel tunnel in both wrists, but that is the least of my problems. This was my 3rd operation so hopefully i can at least function without extreme pain. I had both tennis and golf elbow and i have never played these sports...lol.

Back