Hello from Scotland

M

Mr5watt

Hi everyone,
My name is Stuart and I'm new to airbrushing and to forums (so apologies in advance if I post in the wrong areas :culpability:). I've been trying to draw caricatures of collegues in my fire station for retirals, etc. Up until now I have been using colouring pencils but it doesn't give me the effect I am looking for, so I thought I would try airbrushing. Hopefully the skills I learn here through time will lead me into other areas of airbrushing. Just looking at some of the work here is inspiring. I look forward to my journey.

All the best

Stuart

Hello. I did the same and now all I want to do is airbrush. It's really nice once you get the feel. I've been at it for a year now. You came to the right place. Welcome.

Welcome Stuart! The airbrush is a great tool to accomplish what you are looking for. Be patient as it takes quite a bit of practice to get it down. Most of all, have fun with it!

Welcome home Stuart , Nice to add you to the family and look forward to seeing your pencil work.

Stuart, great to have you here! Be patient, read up on the threads and practice practice practice. It's a little overwhelming at first but a wealth of knowledge on here and the perfect place to start. Enjoy the journey and making ALOT of world wide friends.

Welcome to the forum from the US Stuart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

welcome stuart - you cant go wrong hangin around this awesome place :)

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm already running into problems and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm having a problem with my paper/card tearing and have so far ruined three or four attempts. I've posted my problem in the 'Beginners Airbrush Questions' section under the 'Airbrush paper ?' thread.
Thanks
Stuart
TM.jpg

welcome from honduras.i also do colored pencil jobs,by the way that work looks great and very funny, lol.

Thanks ultraz. You have some nice drawings. I have to keep things simple as I don't have any experience with creating tones and textures with pencils, especially when it comes to mixing colours together, it usually ends up a waxy mess. Its one of the reasons I want to try airbrushing.
All the best.

Hi Stuart, before long you'll be making those drawings look 3D and the colours will be popping like no tomorrow! :)
Welcome
Mel

Back