Hello from Southern California

T

therufus

Hello all,

i just started with airbrushing a week ago with a simple chineese VEDA airbrush :hypnotysed: well after being a real pita it broke down yesterday and my new Krome is on the way, so i'm pretty sure youll see some nice stuff from me realy soon %) realy like the forum and the tutors videos.

Cheers
Alex.

Welcome from Holland and I'm sure the Krome will be beyond compare to the Chinese thingy.

Welcome from Tennessee! You won't know why you bought the Chinese version after you use the Khrome, lol!!

Josh

Welcome from Indiana. Look forward to seeing your work even if it is dots and daggers , We all started someplace.

Thank you all,
well since i got a super lemon Veda the lines and daggers were horrible, got bubbles in the cup after an hour of use, but i did some skull work (wich is pretty bad %) dont think its worth sharing haha. Will keep you posted when the Krome arrives.

Cheers!

Thank you all,
well since i got a super lemon Veda the lines and daggers were horrible, got bubbles in the cup after an hour of use, but i did some skull work (wich is pretty bad %) dont think its worth sharing haha. Will keep you posted when the Krome arrives.

Cheers!

i know the brush was rubbish, however if it was spraying initially but then bubbling, it could indicate a blockage, while you where painting did you (every so often) give the trigger a couple of 100% blasts, where you also reducing your paint, what paint where you using???????? just want to have all the bases covered before you get similar, or think negatively of you r lovely new khrome

i am using createx opaque and transparent paint, well reduced (sort of, still figuring out the right amount of water) the problem with the brush was the damaged thread on the nozzle, after a full disassemble of the brush the nozzle just fell off and didnt screw back properly, i discovered that after a week of frustrating results and a lot of loud cursing haha. After that i gave myself a word not to buy anything from China that is supposed to be precise %) i used a Harbor Freight airbrush compressor but the first one leaked air and the second one was spitting water (with 2 water traps) from the hose after 5 minutes of usage so i returned it and bought a used 12 gallon devilbliss for the same price from craigslist, it's a bit loud but works like a charm.

So now i'm waiting for my Badger Krome, a badger hose with an inline trap and some regdab needle juice to make my airbrushing a wonderful experience.
I'l take pictures of my crappy results and share them with you guys.

well this is my first try of using an airbrush %)) looks like a pos, but hey .first_try.jpg
This one is after a day of getting used to the brush middle.jpg
And this is when i got my fancy on and put a coat of transparent green over the skull last.jpg

getting any detail from this brush was impossible so dont be harsh %))
and this is not art, its on crappy paper and all, its just my exploration of the tool.

well this is my first try of using an airbrush %)) looks like a pos, but hey .View attachment 5822
This one is after a day of getting used to the brush View attachment 5823
And this is when i got my fancy on and put a coat of transparent green over the skull View attachment 5824

getting any detail from this brush was impossible so dont be harsh %))
and this is not art, its on crappy paper and all, its just my exploration of the tool.

Welcome to the forum.....just one thing I would like to point out and it's not a critisism.....when using self made stencils make sure the lines are nice and even, I know your just starting out so it's just advise to help in the future, normally a skull looks pretty smooth and even over the top, yours has flat spots, which is great if you want it to look like it's been hit with a 4x2....:)......but great job anyway...:)

thanks but it's far away from a great job %) and i'l def will be improving my stencils, got yesterday a proper xacto knife for that.

i am using createx opaque and transparent paint, well reduced (sort of, still figuring out the right amount of water) the problem with the brush was the damaged thread on the nozzle, after a full disassemble of the brush the nozzle just fell off and didnt screw back properly, i discovered that after a week of frustrating results and a lot of loud cursing haha. After that i gave myself a word not to buy anything from China that is supposed to be precise %) i used a Harbor Freight airbrush compressor but the first one leaked air and the second one was spitting water (with 2 water traps) from the hose after 5 minutes of usage so i returned it and bought a used 12 gallon devilbliss for the same price from craigslist, it's a bit loud but works like a charm.

So now i'm waiting for my Badger Krome, a badger hose with an inline trap and some regdab needle juice to make my airbrushing a wonderful experience.
I'l take pictures of my crappy results and share them with you guys.
bit of a standing joke on here but some of us (including myself) lube our needles with ky, it's basically the same and a hell of a lot cheaper......

what's ky?

upd. oh well i googled it %)) well it's too late but when i'l run out of regdab will go for the awkward lube haha

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks but it's far away from a great job %) and i'l def will be improving my stencils, got yesterday a proper xacto knife for that.
unless you want a proper dead straight (like a ruler )line its a good idea to wiggle your blade left and right as you cut , this helps outlines look a little less sharp and stencilly

Welcome to the forum and don't be so hard on yourself! Everyone here has been brand new to airbrushing at some point and we all made mistakes (I still make mistakes and I've been doing this for a long time). Mistakes are part of how we learn. I would encourage you to keep all your early stuff, even the art you might not be so proud of. It's a great way to see your progression over the years.

Trevor

Back