Hello from Texas

markhoutx

Young Tutorling
I'm a complete noob to airbrushing and not very artistic, but I'm going to try to see if I can learn some skills and create something. I'm retired, so I finally have time to try something new. I don't have any equipment yet. I'm looking at options for new or used equipment/airbrushes.

Hey Mark! Glad to have you aboard. If you have an idea of what you’d like to buy, feel free to run it by us and we’d be happy to offer up some advice and maybe save you some cash or frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Mark:thumbsup:. It's great you chose airbrushing as something to do in your "golden years". I'm old too.

You didn't mention what type of airbrushing you'd like to do. Fine detail, general purpose or broad coverage. This would help in knowing what may work best for your needs.

If you do not have one yet, I would suggest that whatever air compressor you buy, small, medium or large, purchase one with a tank. You will get better results and be happier with the purchase in the long run. If it does not have one that comes with it I'd also recommend a pressure regulator/water trap.

And excuse the shameless plug, I have an ad up with some brushes I'd like to find new homes for. If there is something there that you'd be interested in send me a PM. If you are looking at something not on my list let me know that too. I may have one I'm willing to part with. I have quite a fewlol. If there is nothing I have that you'd be interested in that's cool. Knowing what you are looking for would help us make suggestions.

My ad is at this link:

https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/some-of-my-duplicates.24396/

Last edited:
Welcome Mark
There are a few members here that are no longer spring chickens so you’re in good company.
Artistic talent isn’t a prerequisite to airbrushing thankfully and once you’ve learnt how to control the brush and with some tips and tricks from members here we’ll get you producing something worth looking at :)

Welcome to the forum Lone Star,
there are all kinds here
Artist of all kinds, lure painters, model painters, Bloody airbrush collector's
All willing to leed you astray.
And there are no dumb questions.

Welcome home Mark
I can only assume (yes I know what assume means LOL) you're from Houston where the humidity is usually higher then the temps LOL.
What are you goals for airbrushing? what I mean by that is canvas , cars and bike, Models or just anything that will hold still and paint.
I would look here https://spraygunner.com/ for all your airbrush needs . They have fast dependable service and they are really great folks.

Back