Hello From Texas

W

wtsgems

Hey hello how are ya,

Wanted to thank you folks for all the hard work you've put in those videos they have been a great help.

I actually started air brushing about a week ago and other than sleeping on the couch when my wife saw
the credit card receipt its been a blast... no pun intended.
got a paasch and a Neo gravity feed neither one a high end but seem to be doing ok.
got one duzy of a compressor though about 65 grand.......LoL I drive and own a 18 wheeler thought about it a bit and connected a regulator to and airjack on my seat my truck has about 2,000.00 in water filters air dryers and stuff so why not?..
got one of those small portable compressors from hobby lobby and it does well although I found that at lower pressure the neo uses more volume and the portable tends to pulse through the brush.
paints have been my biggest issue. painting in a sleeper of a truck kind of limits the type of paints down to waterbase..... According to my wife I don't have a lot of brain cells to spare.
but man that stuff is expensive.
Thanks again for those videos and this site learning on the road as I do makes it a bit hard to go to any classes.......

Welcome Home, Ya found ya a good place to learn and hang at.
nothing wrong with an Paasche or the Neo. Both are good little brushes .
What part of the Lone Star state you in. I use to live in El Paso until NAFTA hit and jobs left.

Tyler TX
The Neo doesn't do bad the paasch is a suction feed and works OK but I learned real quick to charge the brush every time I stop for a second.

Hey did find a little trick that I haven't seen mentioned I've done this and it really seems to help
Find a tandy leather and get a scrap saddle strap doesn't need to be big 1" by 4" and a stick of Jewelers rouge the leather will have a rough side and a smooth side charge the smooth side with the polish rouge. I took my needle and starting about the thickness of my strap fold the piece of leather around the shaft and turn the needle back and forth while pulling it gently through the leather. So basically like your wiping the needle off. They use the polish to polish the knives that is used makes them slide better when engraving. I don't seem to get as much tip dry and seems to spray better.

Welcome from Florida wt. interesting idea you have with the truck. I can imagine it's a great way to relieve some stress and take care of some down time. Post up some of your work when you can.

Tyler TX
The Neo doesn't do bad the paasch is a suction feed and works OK but I learned real quick to charge the brush every time I stop for a second.

Hey did find a little trick that I haven't seen mentioned I've done this and it really seems to help
Find a tandy leather and get a scrap saddle strap doesn't need to be big 1" by 4" and a stick of Jewelers rouge the leather will have a rough side and a smooth side charge the smooth side with the polish rouge. I took my needle and starting about the thickness of my strap fold the piece of leather around the shaft and turn the needle back and forth while pulling it gently through the leather. So basically like your wiping the needle off. They use the polish to polish the knives that is used makes them slide better when engraving. I don't seem to get as much tip dry and seems to spray better.

I use almost the same ideal on leather for polishing needles , But I put the needle in a drill with the slowest speed setting so the needle turns uniformly to make sure I keep a perfectly round area,
Like knife making if you have more pressure on one side of the leather the blade can be a little thinner on one side.
Been through Tyler a time or two. Your on what west Texan call the green side of the state...LOL

Back