Hello from the fishing rod side of the tracks

J

Juicegoose

Good morning and thanks to everyone for the hospitality. I only recently picked up airbrushing so a newb would be an understatement. I airbrush mainly for my building of custom fishing rods. I wanted a way to spice up reel seats withcolor and airbrushing house of kolor paints was the ticket. Still have a lot or learning but its great fun

Thanks
7bee55620cc21757ed7f9cdbb51a76c4.jpg

Welcome home fisher man LOL now just where on this planet are you fishing from??
We also have lure painters on here and I think a few have even paint the reels. Or at least I have paint a couple of reels
You can use Wicked or Autoair or even the Candy O2 being you will still be covering it with a urethane clear just so you know.

Thanks Micron. Im from the houston Texas area. I had started with HOK because of the wealth of info and variety of colors. Thanks for the other color info now i gotta buy more paint. Hahahahah

LOL Houston Damn humidity city lol ,
Just given you option , I use what ever paint the customer is willing to fork over the money for. HOK has a pretty good price tag but the colors are just awesome.But no more then you really need for small items sometime the paint can go to seed before you use it all.
The lower the cost to you to do it the more profit it makes you which is a great thing. But the quality is still there being Createx Wicked and Autoair line is so far the best on the market.

Ya i might use that for solid colors. Would any of those have issues as a base(black or white) under a kandy base coat or other effect from hok?

Actually looked it up after asking and seems they can play well together if allowed to cure. For me I try and spray everything start to finish in batches. So having to wait an additional 24 hours might not be the best ticket. I mean I use very very little paint on a single seat. 3-4ml of kBC top and the same on HOK show Klear.

I had been fumbling around with various grey and black primers to properly tint the base before laying out KBC but I'm thinking I might just buy a can each of the s2-25 and s2-26 base coats. Although that would had a step to the process. Decisions decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, always nice to see more custom fishing gear, I am a lure builder myself.

anders@gäddfiske.se

Welcome from New Zealand... Good subject to paint... then you can use other paint subjects to catch reference objects! :)

Welcome to the forum,I am anot here lure painter on here,soon you're going to get the bug to paint pictures of the fish the rods are made to catch:D, Don"the worry it's just part of the addiction :malicious::malicious::malicious:

Back