Hello from the great white north

Ricky Spanish

"The Hi-Line Bandit"
Hello There
I just wanted to swing by and properly introduce myself. I'm a resident of Northern Ontario Canada and started airbrushing roughly 8 years ago. Even though I started 8 years ago it wasn't a consistent practice and at times I would put the brush down for extended periods of time (Mainly because of a lack of knowledge of equipment, materials and techniques). It wasn't until a year ago that I started to get back into it heavily by devoting more time and money into my practice.I have been concentrating lately on portraiture because of the use of multiple techniques into producing a portrait (masking,dagger strokes and micro texturing to name a few). My major influence to starting airbrushing was because of H.R Giger ( the detail and subject matter just blew my mind), As well of Vince Goodeve's automotive work.
The equipment I use is primarily Iwata ( Iwata to me is comparable to how Snap-on is to tools... The best. That's just my opinion). The airbrushes that I use are: Iwata Hi-Line Ch ( which I converted to the .20mm needle and head assembly for finer detail), I also use the Iwata Eclipse BCS for larger areas. My air source is The Iwata Power Jet Pro compressor which was worth every penny. The paints I use are: Createx Wicked, Createx Illustration, Candy 02 and Autobourne ( But I had used Tamiya for the first 6 years airbrushing). I have a tent which is 4x4x6 that I do heavy spraying and clear coating in. The tent is hooked up to a 6 inch inline fan which is hooked up to a air filter which is then directed to the outside.
Anyways I'm looking forward to being a member of this community as well as lending a hand when I can, and learning from others.
Take care

Hey hey, good morning, welcome from New Zealand. We like Iwata... :) You have some good toys, look forward to what your dots and daggers practice has done!

Welcome aboard. This forum has it all. Enjoy, and we look forward to seeing your work.

Welcome from the UK Rick. Lots of Giger fans here, including myself :) Hope to see some of your work soon!
Thanks Squishy... I just figured out how to post pics lol... I really like your work. We will have to have a chat sometime about automotive design. That's one of my weak points ( backgrounds, overall design principles and elements) and your work is solid.

welcome from the great white north :) well... not so white but COLD looking forward to seeing your work

Thanks Squishy... I just figured out how to post pics lol... I really like your work. We will have to have a chat sometime about automotive design. That's one of my weak points ( backgrounds, overall design principles and elements) and your work is solid.
Thanks for checking it out, and for the kind words, though there are some real experts here. They are all good eggs and when the time comes we'll all chip in.:)

Back