hello from the newbie

P

pap

Hello, my name is Mike but everyone calls me PAP, I have a great passion for fishing!! like I eat, sleep, and talk fishing. I also am inspired by the new "real image" lures that cost up to $30.00 a piece, doesn't sound that bad till you start loosing one here & one there, it adds up quickly. I always have made my own trolling harnesses and spinners. there's a great feeling of accomplishment when you can trick any living thing to approach a lure you made and the fish is in his/her there own environment!!! now I would like to learn how to airbrush my own lures such as spoons & unpainted body baits. If I could design my own lures by being able to operate an airbrush, by me knowing what colors are seen, as light filters out colors. Like the color red is the first to disappear in the first 10ft. of the water column. I was thinking I might be on to something!!! BUT I'm not artistically inclined. I have a hard time drawing Hang man. LOL thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe I'll be alright with your help.

Firstly welcome aboard from Australia. Where do you call home ?
there are a few lure makers around, so I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you a guiding hand.

As far as being artistically challenged, I could only draw stick figures, so if you can do a whole hangman then you're ahead of me.
Welcome from New Zealand... :) Hey @basepaint we got another one... :)

Its getting to the point we may have to consider a 'Lure' section on the forum...... Hmmmm

Firstly welcome aboard from Australia. Where do you call home ?
there are a few lure makers around, so I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you a guiding hand.

As far as being artistically challenged, I could only draw stick figures, so if you can do a whole hangman then you're ahead of me.

Its getting to the point we may have to consider a 'Lure' section on the forum...... Hmmmm
Boy that would be a dream come true!! Hey thanks for the friendly welcome!! To answer the where I'm from. I'm from the Pocono's in Pa. about 10 miles south of the Pocono 500 Nascar track.. :thumbsup:

Hey there! Welcome from another lure guy. I haven't done much lately, other work has been going on, but this is the place to learn. Enjoy!

Welcome yo the Forum Pap.I'm one of the lure maker's/Painters so if you have a question about anything Fishing or fishing lure related post it up and someone will be along with an answer here's a few I've done as of late!
20170305_200011.jpg20161009_170509.jpg 20161025_155235.jpg 20170121_212504.jpg 20170214_225105.jpg 20170219_224055.jpg

Welcome aboard PAP! I'm new, too. I love fishing but never considered painting my own lures. Right now I'm happy when I've painted a decent looking Easter egg lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi pap from the uk:) Hope you're prepared to give up a little fishing time lol. Airbrushing has a bit of a learning curve, but there are lots of folks around here to help. But be warned it can become a bit of an obsession itself lol.

Do you have any equipment yet? If not please ask advice here first to make sure you have the right airbrush/compressor/paint for the job.

Back