Hello from the UK.

Somekitt3

Young Tutorling
Hello there,

I've been lurking for a while but thought it was probably around the time to make an account.

I paint 28mm miniatures, mostly 40k stuff. I wanted to get into airbrushing because it speeds things up a lot when it comes to basecoating and blending, that sort of thing. There's also a few techniques that you can only really do with an airbrush which I wanted to check out. I'm not going to replace paintbrushes any time soon but I feel airbrushing is a useful skill to have around alongside the more traditional stuff.

So far I've got my compressor, it's a jun-air with a 25 litre receiver which I got for £60 which is awesome, I am gonna need some help getting it ready to go though so I'll start a topic on that at some point. As for airbrushes I was looking at something like the badger sotar 20/20 because it's supposed to be good at really fine work (which is a lot of the stuff I'm going to need it for)... Then again I've heard it's not great for beginners so eh, still looking around at different options.

I don't know where UK people tend to get their stuff but looking around it seems to be way cheaper to buy stuff from America and get it shipped over... which is kind of lame to be honest. Not sure if anyone knows an airbrush company that doesn't charge a premium for the privilege of buying in England...

Anyway that's fairly off topic I suppose, I'm from Wiltshire but then I live in London for uni term time. I paint miniatures cus I'm a dork. I like music, and making stuff, and I'm bad at thinking about things to say about myself.

Oh and I forgot, my name is joe, I tend to just go by 'kitt' online though because it's easy to remember as it's always been in my username!

hello, wiltshire isnt far from me.. :)
i use insipire stuff as its uk base in sheffield , but still i have to ring them to get the multi item postage removed. as for other stuff its what ever is cheapest on ebay.. there isnt the shops or suppies here. ebay has some good finds. and the guys on here have good advice.

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Also I'll check out the websites, I hadn't head of foxy before so that's interesting!

welcome from Australia Kitt,
there are quiet a few modellers on here so you will no doubt find them as you go along. They'll be able to guide you as to the best airbrush too.

Welcome from a fellow UKer The sites Malky recommends are both great, with the pound low at the moment not such a great deal as usual, but still cheaper I think. UK suppliers I like to use are airbrushandpaint uk - contact for postage saving on single items, sm designs - super helpful if you need to speak to anyone, great customer service, but get a bigger order together for better postage, and graphic air - used a couple of times with no issues, fast delivery.

Back