Hello from the uk

The name was from my gaming days.
Misspent youth wasted on video games.......
Is there info on here about the best medium for working with acrylics or any reading you can push me in the right direction toawards please?

I'm not sure what you mean by mediums for acrylics but Golden airbrush medium is formulated to allow to convert non airbrush specific paints to wirk through an airbrush, it also works as a transparent medium.

This stuff

My Eclipse seems to run best around 25 PSI. But as Malky said it’s a personal thing really. But give it a try around 25. If the paint is spidering, running about over the surface, drop the pressure. If the paint is coming through patchy or grainy, try increasing it a little.

I'm not sure what you mean by mediums for acrylics but Golden airbrush medium is formulated to allow to convert non airbrush specific paints to wirk through an airbrush, it also works as a transparent medium.

This stuff

Sorry to be honest i’m completely self taught so far so my terminology is probably wrong.
I meant what the best type of paper to use for what paint and so on.
I bought some daler rodney bristol board to try for now with com.art paints.
So will try other paint and papers to see what works best for me.
I’m sure it’s spoke about loads on the forum so i will have a read over the weekend.

That Bristol board is pretty good. I use it and don’t have many problems with it. If you’re using any masking tape you will need to be gentle, but it’s decent stuff.

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow UKer!

Been drawing a lot over the last year or so, and just getting back to my airbrush, but I know what you mean by spending lots on pencils etc, I have a stash comparable to my hoard of motorbikes:D:D:D................don’t tell Mrs S!

I was born just down the road from Milton Keynes, in Hemel Hempstead.

Hi Clive
Yeah the pencil thing becomes a bit of an obsession, I went from a £20 set of derwent pencils to mechanical and clutch pencils that were about £20 each lol
Don’t even start me on paper, i think I have probably killed off a fair chunk of an important forest somewhere in the world with me hoarding paper.........
I tell everyone i’m from Milton Keynes but I’m actually from Bletchley town, we don’t overly like the association with Mk as Bletchley has a much better history but most people have probably never heard of it so its easier to say MK lol
Nice to meet you anyway :)

Yep, I’m a Prismacolor premier pencil sort of bloke, and must have at least three of each colour by now. I go to America twice a year for work and end up filling my case with ‘em:D:D

Good to meet you too buddy

Haha yeah i went the colour pencil route too and have never really used them.........yet
The breaking of the prismacolour when you sharpen is fairly annoying.

Back