Hello from Vancouver, Canada

C

Cuchullain1900

Hi,

I am new to the forum though not new to airbrushing.
I started with an IWATA in 1984 and spent a number of years painting t-shirts. I now do more fine art with the ancient Paasche AB. Still have and use the HP-BC along with a Micron.

I paint in a surrealistic, expressionist style using realist elements. In my painting, I don't go for a smooth effect or look. For me, airbrush is a way of laying down paint, not an end loook in itself. In that vein, I work to incorporate the mistakes that airbrush painting sometimes gives. Currently I most enjoy painting in oils, large and small canvases. I hardly ever use anything but airbrush. I've even invented a way to mimic oil glazing using a heavily modified process with watercolour.

I truly admire those artists who can paint in the photorealistic style. It fuels my own pursuits and gives me strength when a painting looks like it is falling apart.

It's been a lot of fun and an adventure over the decades. You know how, as an artist, you just find your voice? That is me, with an ancient airbrush and an ancient medium.

I look forward to listening and learning from all of you.

Welcome to the forum from China! Curious to see your work - please post examples. And, we are very curious to learn more details about your technique!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will fit right in with our varied bunch of airbrushes.

Lee

Welcome from the U.K. Glad to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back