Hello from Western Australia

T

Thalium

Hello from Perth Western Australia

I am completely new to Airbrush and artistically challenged lol

About 2 weeks ago I decided I wanted to learn to airbrush so I headed to eBay and bought a cheap compressor but made sure it had a tank and it was a kit with 2 cheaply Chinese brushes

I also headed to some Australian dedicated airbrush stores online and ordered myself the HP.CN NEo for Iwata as a starter brush, some wicked detail and trident paint sets, a couple of stencils.

It’s all arrived So now I have all the gear and no idea Hahahaha

Any links to online courses or videos would be appreciated.

Hello from Perth Western Australia

I am completely new to Airbrush and artistically challenged lol

About 2 weeks ago I decided I wanted to learn to airbrush so I headed to eBay and bought a cheap compressor but made sure it had a tank and it was a kit with 2 cheaply Chinese brushes

I also headed to some Australian dedicated airbrush stores online and ordered myself the HP.CN NEo for Iwata as a starter brush, some wicked detail and trident paint sets, a couple of stencils.

It’s all arrived So now I have all the gear and no idea Hahahaha

Any links to online courses or videos would be appreciated.
Welcome! It’s always good to see people picking up the airbrush and giving it a whirl.
The best place I can suggest is the Airbrush Tutor YouTube channel. Have a look through the videos as he has a section for beginners and includes some basic exercises. That’s exactly where I started. Have fun man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Australia :)

There is a bit of a learning curve with the Createx paints and can be a bit of a minefield for some newbies. The Trident can more newb friendly so I would suggest using that until you get to know how the airbrush will perform, what PSI, what reduction etc.

Airbrush megastore have the best prices around, but only do iwata airbrushes, Createx & auto air paint and associated accessories (DVD’s , stencils, masking tapes, etc)

OzAirbrush is the only Australian supplier for E’tac paint (brilliant stuff) - I havent seen him around here for awhile but if you go to his website it has contact info.

Airbrush asylum is another great Aussie online place for Trident.

If you look at the top of this page you will see a link that says ‘tutorials’ that will take you to Airbrush Tutors site. you will need to register there but you’ll have access to free exercise sheets and video tutorials, and beginner projects. There are also some fantastic paid downloads for when you get more confidence

Cheers for the warm welcome and information. Looks like I’m spending my weekend drawing dots
It’ll be a weekend well spent lol. Remember, it’s not just about the physical elements of working the trigger and moving, but learning to reduce the paint to flow nicely too. The foundation of airbrushing, have fun with it and get stuck in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thalium, same boat. I bought everything. I still need to put my paint station together and then plug everything in but I also have zero experience.

Excited to see how you progress!

Welcome to the forum, lots to learn but looks like your little panel came out well. Just a matter of learning and experimenting. We're here if you need help.

Lee

Back