Hello From Yorkshire

C

Chris Wallis

Hi my name is Chris and I have joined up to gain some info as I plan on airbrushing self made wooden fishing lures, so any advice and tips will be greatly appreciated. The site looks great . Although I already have a question if that's ok with you guys. I have been generously given an airbrush setup by a work colleague and wondered if it will be any good for my lure spraying, the gun itself is a Simair SP2000 and the compressor is a Simair something or other with foot pedal and moisture filter. Only problem is I need a new airline with adaptor as one is broken but other than that it works .
I look forward to gaining advice and hopefully posting pictures of some of my lure art work.

Hi Chris, welcome from New Zealand. Don't know the brand you mentioned. Post up some pictures... pictures are good. There are a few lure painters here... I'm sure @basepaint won't be far away. What sort of fish are you targeting?

Hi Chris, welcome from New Zealand. Don't know the brand you mentioned. Post up some pictures... pictures are good. There are a few lure painters here... I'm sure @basepaint won't be far away. What sort of fish are you targeting?
Hi thanks I will put a couple of pictures up tomorrow, I can't find the gun on the net or anything just different Simair ones. I will be fishing for Pike mainly possibly Perch. I already tie lures for Pike but thought would have a bash a making wooden lures and spraying them. Its a hobby within a hobby.

Nice, I've caught a whole heap of perch on fly over here. Haven't made any hard bodies yet but love rapala especially for our kahawai (Sea trout)

Ey Up! From a fellow Brit down south. Welcome aboard. That kit is not a name I know of, which initially suggests knock off to me, however hopefully someone can shine a light. Enjoy the forum :)

Welcome from Australia.
Lots of learning to be found around here and don't be shy about putting up some pictures :)

Thanks for the warm welcome people. I will keep popping back and having a look through, see if I can get some info out of you all. Time to get the fire going tho its frrreeezzzing!!

IMG_20170210_221125_hdr.jpg IMG_20170210_221033_hdr.jpg
NICE! Welcome to forum, I do lures too. Can't wait to see your work.
Nice work!! Just had alook at your pictures some nice ones! I hope mine will be as good at some point. I have just started making my own wooden jerkbaits. Hopefully will be getting airbrushed in the next few days/weeks

Back