Hello, here is Riboet

Riboet

Double Actioner
Having read the forums so often, having enjoyed all the works you forummembers show to the readers, having learned so much about solving troubles I had with my airbrush by following the given advices here, I thought, now it's time to take part in this community and introduce myself.

I am Riboet. Pronounce 'reboot', allthough it is not from a computer, it is the name of my first parrot, an African grey. I was told by the guy who gave it this name, it is a Malaysian word for noisy, quarrelsome, something like that. No, it is not how I will behave on the forum :D . But I have used this name on other internetfora (not airbrushing) as well, I feel it belongs to me.

I have always liked the airbrushing of cars, motors and trucks and when we bought our old Dodge camper, the idea came to mind that it would be a real challenge to learn this kind of art so I could give 'Nitro' (yes, the camper has been given a name and sometimes I even think a mind of its own too... o_O) his new appearance myself eventually.

So this ultimate goal was the first step to learning the principles of airbrushing. I have learned a lot by the workshops provided by a good teacher (professional airbrusher) , who works mostly freehand, what I also really like.

Allthought I still think of Nitro being my greatest project for the near future, I realise there is a challenge in all projects and there is so much to learn which is a part of the art.

I hope the forum will keep providing me with lots of ideas, learning processes and experiences, from you all. I hope you will accompany me on my journey to the make over of 'Nitro'.

Welcome from Australia Riboet. May your journey be a happy one with only a few speed bumps.
In order to help you a little more could you tell us what airbrush and paints you are using

could you tell us what airbrush and paints you are using

I thought I had put it in a signature, but apparently I did not...

I have two brushes: a Badger 360 and an Iwata HPC+ . The latter, I use most. As soon as I have saved enough, I hope to buy an Iwata Micron with 0.18 needle, because I enjoy detailing the work and I think this airbrush may be a good help to that, although the HPC+ can make very fine lines as well.

The paints that I use are Golden, Schminck and Com-Art.

I will try to put the above in a signature.

You may have it in a signature, via Safari on my iPhone I can't see signatures, tapatalk is no better,
Sorry for any confusion :)

Welcome from the UK Reboet! Glad you decided to join us :) Look forward to seeing what you've learnt so far.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you stay with us for a long time and learn everything you want.

lee

Hi from New Zealand... We have a couple of regulars from your neck of the woods! Enjoy the forum.

Thank you for the welcome!

I am still finding my way through the forum. There is so much to it! I keep reading and learning and oh, how I admire all those great works showed here. I love it!

Back