Hello, I'm Ash. ♥

A

Ash

It's a pleasure to be a part of this forum. I wanted to extend a thank you to all level artists in the community offering their work for viewing, taking time to provide advice, and working extra hours to create video/written tutorials for us to consume. Thank you to Mr. Micron for suggesting I post an introduction as a follow up to my post in the beginners' airbrush question section.

My name is Ash, I began designing and selling my creations in 2006. I started with digital commissions in website/graphics design. Once I purchased a tablet I dove into digital painting and illustration. I never went to college so I was very lucky so many artists provide resources online which I spend countless hours sifting through.

When I delved into traditional art I came to the conclusion I couldn't draw with a pencil. I realized I needed to take a step away from the computer and educate myself on the fundamentals of art so I could attain the quality I expect from myself. It's been a wonderful journey and I wouldn't give up my life's job for anything.

I started airbrushing in January of 2013 to make my dream of working on dolls a reality. I felt learning brush on sealant application with an airbrush would enrich other aspects of my artist life. It wasn't until December 2013 I attempted airbrushing colors, it came out great but I made a masking error and chose to wipe the attempt. Glad to report I've successfully colored and varnished that same project!

I'd like to study engineering so I can learn plastic mold injection, particularly working with polyurethane resin. I want to craft and paint my own toys. I'm learning productive use and care of my airbrush while studying the fundamentals of art, designing/constructing doll prototypes, and painting techniques. I've also taught myself how to make wigs for my dolls, pattern construction for their clothes, and how to sew. I even sculpt miniature foods for them, I'd love to create the encompassment of my characters.

I run ashgutz.com where I showcase the dolls I've sold and some of the things I'm learning along the way. I'm really happy to be where I am, I love the artist community and learning. Have a great day and if you got this far, thank you (I'm a bit of a ranter).

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome home Ash and I am really happy you did post such a nice introduction. My daughter loves the monster high dolls you do .
and very cool site.
We are here to help and we are a world wide family of artist.
Nice to add you to the family
And those faces you are painting look tiny ...

Hey Ash. ... Thanks for the intro.... helps us to help you ina way.... Where abouts are you based.... Should find a friendly bunch on here.... plenty of tongue in cheek humour and sarcasm to keep you on your toes... Enjoy your stay .... Welcome aboard from UK

Welcome home Ash and I am really happy you did post such a nice introduction. My daughter loves the monster high dolls you do .
and very cool site.
We are here to help and we are a world wide family of artist.
Nice to add you to the family
And those faces you are painting look tiny ...

Thank you very much, I'm glad your daughter enjoys my work I'm 24 years old going on 13 myself! They are pretty small most of them have a 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" face canvas. Watercolor pencils have saved my life in this adventure.

Hey Ash. ... Thanks for the intro.... helps us to help you ina way.... Where abouts are you based.... Should find a friendly bunch on here.... plenty of tongue in cheek humour and sarcasm to keep you on your toes... Enjoy your stay .... Welcome aboard from UK

Ah yes I forgot to mention that, I'm based in the USA out of NW Florida. Thank you, I will have to look abouts more sections of the forums. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello and welcome from PA tons of talent here and much wisdom all for the asking.

Welcome aboard Ash!! I myself am surrounded by Monster High dolls...but Im pretty sure my 8yr old would NEVER speak to me again if I repainted them lol

Welcome Ash from Michigan. I really like your intro, hope you achieve everything your looking for here!

Welcome to the forum Ash. Enjoy your stay.
Lee
Thank you very much Lee, great to see your welcome I've already spotted you in a few other threads! :D

Welcome to the forum.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you very much Wayne and great to digitally meet you.

Hello and welcome from PA tons of talent here and much wisdom all for the asking.
Thank you and you're right about that, I've already watched a few of the videos linked within other people's question threads. It's remarkable how much information is just at this one site so I'll be plenty busy take notes.

Welcome aboard Ash!! I myself am surrounded by Monster High dolls...but Im pretty sure my 8yr old would NEVER speak to me again if I repainted them lol
Ahaha I've already reached the point I'd joke about reaching, owning a bin of random doll parts. There is a huge collector's market out there so it's crazy how much backlash you can get for doing what I do!

Welcome Ash from Michigan. I really like your intro, hope you achieve everything your looking for here!
Thank you I'm sure I'll get that, and more!

Welcome from Canada
Thank you all the way from southern USA!

Hi Ash, welcome from the uk. Great intro, you seem really passionate about what you do, so you should fit right in with us mentalists. Welcome to the family.

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:loyal:

Back