Hello new to the forum

C

Calvin

Hello everyone, just joined to find out the best way and paint skills for my airbrush. I have one Airbrush City airbrush and another one exactly like it but no name and I have 2 others but at the moment I dont know the names of them. I build model cars and trucks and want to learn the best way to do metal flake paint.
Thanks for having me aboard your very nice forum.
Calvin.

Attachments

• hj11.JPG
    hj11.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 19
  • hj12.JPG
    hj12.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 18
Welcome home Calvin
The best way to do metal flake is with a flake gun
Flakes will clog up an airbrush in no time.
Now if by metal flake you are talking about metallic paint like a lot of car model builders use than anything that has a .5 or larger needle set up works great.

Thank you

Welcome home Calvin
The best way to do metal flake is with a flake gun
Flakes will clog up an airbrush in no time.
Now if by metal flake you are talking about metallic paint like a lot of car model builders use than anything that has a .5 or larger needle set up works great.

Thank you so much Mr. Micron, I didn't know they made a special gun for flakes wow already learned something. I am going to have to order some needles then because all I have are .3 size.
Thanks again sir I really appreciate it.
Calvin

Thank you Josh I love forums I have learned so much when joining them and I can see already I have got the help I needed so fast. Im going to love this forum and thank you for having me.
Calvin

Thank you so much Mr. Micron, I didn't know they made a special gun for flakes wow already learned something. I am going to have to order some needles then because all I have are .3 size.
Thanks again sir I really appreciate it.
Calvin
here is a link to a great little flake gun...http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=F-BOMBER
you will have to see if the airbrush you have has .5 or larger nozzle and needle set up for your airbrush. on some airbrush when you go to a larger needle and nozzle you will have to change the crown cap too

Welcome from the UK Calvin, you will find everything you need to know here my friend, plus meet some great characters along the way.
Enjoy and spread the love...that's all you have to do:)

Welcome aboard Calvin micro flake would be cool on a model maybe the mini flake buster that mounts on the AB but thats real extreme for a model

Hi there, from the uk. There are a few other model makers here, so you will fit right in, and of course all of us airbrush addicts got your back for any questions you may have.

Back