Hello to all u AIRBRUSHERS!!!!!!

AirForBrains

Double Actioner
HELLO THERE, just saw this on a Google search, saw some questions I was pondering about some paints I was curious about. Seemed like a very informative forum. Lots of outstanding pictures too. Glad to be part of the community. I have been spraying for about 30 years, still enjoying it. Been kicking tshirts, license plates, helmets, motorcycles, blah blah blah, now more interested in canvas work. Cheers!!!!

Welcome from Australia :)
nice to see someone with your knowledge join up, just shows that there are always questions regardless of the experience.

what were the paints you were seeking answers for ?

you can pop your location in your profile, it sometimes helps to know where bodies are located across the globe :)

Hi Jack, I just edited my profile, sorry new to this. I'm from north Carolina usa. I ran across this forum by seeing what the differences between the createx illustration and wicked detail and regular wicked. Aussie Aussie Aussie

Oi! Oi! Oi! (Pronounced Oy oy oy : The national answer to anyone shouting Aussie Aussie Aussie for those thinking ive lost my marbles :) )

So let me guess, you’ve used urethane a for the last 30 yrs and now have to find an alternative?
Did you find you answer ?

YES!!! OI OI OI!! Learned that from watching the Aussie open tennis! Yeah, Im not big on urethanes, although they smell great and not much tip dry. I took the Blair course and we used holbein and wicked white, b4 the createx illustration colors came out. I love the holbein paint, smooth as silk. I was wanting to see the micron count of the wicked vs the wicked detail vs the createx illustration colors and ran across your forum there. I did have a bottle of the createx illustration white, but the bottle got dropped and busted(cheap bottle if u ask me), but I did like the consistency of that paint. I was using it in a micron, so I like very fine paint for it.

Welcome from New Zealand... like Australia only different!
That would be “Different” you forgot the quotations :p
us Aussies are hard wired to respond with the Oi Oi Oi !
Shout it in the middle of a city and you’ll almost certainly get at least one person answer you lol

I don’t know what the micron count is for illustration, I don’t remember reading it anywhere but I can blow it straight out of the bottle with my cm-Sb at 15psi with no issue (if its old paint it may need diluting) I find it settles quickly in a bottle so I always give it a good manual stir before shaking the life out of it prior to use.
Aparantly the pigment size reduces from wicked>wicked detail > illustration, illustration being the finest

Thats where I came across this forum looking up such stats on these paints. There was a thread exactly on this topic that provided very informative detailed experiences with each line, plus I learned that there is a transparent medium in the createx illustration paint line also. I had used wicked transparent base with the wicked thinner, which gave great results, but would now like to give the illustration medium a spin too.
And love the "ROGER" painting. Big thumbs up on that piece!!!!!

Thats where I came across this forum looking up such stats on these paints. There was a thread exactly on this topic that provided very informative detailed experiences with each line, plus I learned that there is a transparent medium in the createx illustration paint line also. I had used wicked transparent base with the wicked thinner, which gave great results, but would now like to give the illustration medium a spin too.
And love the "ROGER" painting. Big thumbs up on that piece!!!!!
If you’re referring to ‘Roger’ the cat, then that was done by @musicmacd. and I’m the proud owner of it but I suspect he’s done more than one Roger. It was as part of our PaintPals lovefest, maybe you’d like to join in on the next one if you are planning on staying around and participating in the place full of paint sniffing, shine swilling lunatics :) - think of it as Secret Santa x PenPal of paintings of a size of 5” x 7” we’re in the middle of the last one for this year but there will be another one next year :) it’s just for shytes and giggles and the fun of sharing great artworks

Welcome to the forum, we have a good bunch of people here. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Lee

Back