Hello!

Welcome Home MrsRiceRocket.
Awesome painting of Eddie and I love you hair and smile . You look very happy with the outcome of that painting and you should be that is stellar work.
Thank you Mr Micron! That is very kind of you [emoji3059] i was proud to have finished it, ahh yes my skin head! Was great for a while, growing it long again was fun too, looked like i had been electricuted it was all spikey and wouldnt lay right haha [emoji38]

Lincoln, Uk

Ive spent today using my airbrush iwata HP-CS for the first time today on a sign board (rather than test and practice sheets) struggled with psi, thinning paint and also losing my way a bit. Needs detailing, a few spots where it needs maybe a slightly darker colour aa the nose has been blanded one shade in parts and more highlights to pop that nose out,get the eys more realistic-ish i dunno. Its been hard to be honest, a few moments of child like hissy fits this afternoon thats for sure.
I think ive wasted more paint today than ever because ive over done one colour and trying to keep in my head in aurbrush mode, not lay on thick and keep going until its ok like i do with a paint brush.
[emoji2957][emoji14][emoji854][emoji23][emoji94][emoji869]i get to do art boards for my local little off licence beer grocery store for a few beers, i like it because i can get my art displayed on the pavement outside right next to a ser of traffic lights :)
Ill show some more when i get some more done.
My issue is Im really crap at being patient.
Im usally splash blob splash blob , use my hand and finger smooth the paint , done. ...now its a whole new experience thats for bloody sure.
Anyways, this is a bob marley on a A board.
03612d2a14da3a9ba60c8b54f089bd8b.jpg

Lincoln, Uk

You’re being to hard on yourself, you’re doing well !
Using a lot of paint when you first start is normal, you’re learning so it’s to be expected.
Frustration is also part of the journey, the frustration lessens but never really disappears totally

You’re being to hard on yourself, you’re doing well !
Using a lot of paint when you first start is normal, you’re learning so it’s to be expected.
Frustration is also part of the journey, the frustration lessens but never really disappears totally
Thanks JackEb. Much appreciated for the good vibes about it. Your comment stayed in my head when i was painting and helped me allot today i chilled out a bit more
Thank you

Lincoln, Uk

Thank you Karl Becker!
Yeah , why not eh! Its all fun, ...well until i pull my hair out mixing colours haha!

Lincoln, Uk
Mixing colours can feel a bit like black magic at times and if that's what you are currently trying to do then yes, you will use BUCKETS of paint. I still haven't got my head around the whole mixing thing and tend to wing it most of the time, because I use Createx Illustration a lot I tend to overlay colours until it looks right
Don't ever get to the point of pulling your hair out, this is suppose to be about having fun ! so rather than grabbing your hair jump in here and ask for help. there's normally someone floating around that can either point you in the right direction or tag someone they know will be of more help :)

Mixing colours can feel a bit like black magic at times and if that's what you are currently trying to do then yes, you will use BUCKETS of paint. I still haven't got my head around the whole mixing thing and tend to wing it most of the time, because I use Createx Illustration a lot I tend to overlay colours until it looks right
Don't ever get to the point of pulling your hair out, this is suppose to be about having fun ! so rather than grabbing your hair jump in here and ask for help. there's normally someone floating around that can either point you in the right direction or tag someone they know will be of more help :)
Nice one JackEb! Thank you.
Yeah i was starting to go mad. The diff shades qnd then the tip dryinggg and then the paint coming out when air is on , after ive supposedly cleaned it. Ive at least not gotten scared anymore of taking the airbrish apart to clean it. Scared to take out the needle and tip. Ive an eyeglass jeweler thing magnifyer whatever to look at it and so far my delicate handling of tqking the needle out etc to clean and troubleshoot (lol) hasnt bent anything, cant afford that just yet. And dont want to start.
The paint coming out with no pull back, well my nozzle wasnt cleaned and it had been dried into the tip with paint, a tiny bit of paint, miniscule. Seemed to help my prob however it scared me about seals not being good any more etc.

Im going by blobs at the mo. One of them and two of those, post it note write it down, then lose post it note.

Lincoln, Uk

Last edited:
Give this site a look. It allows you to mix colors virtually one drop at a time. It isn't perfect, but it will get you close. It's been helpful for me.

https://trycolors.com/
Brilliant Karl ! Just what i need.

I also use an app for colour picking , its like a virtual colour wheel... upload your image and move the screen around zoom in etc and it shows you a big rectangle at the bottom what colour it is that you are looking at , but change the pallet colour names using some setting tweaks....
I just like it because it gives me a big area of colour to look at to match n mix next to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gmikhail.colorpicker

Lincoln, Uk

You’ve definitely got the ability, jump in, it’s nice to receive something from one of our fellow forum family :)
Thats cool of you to say , thank you.
I would love to however i wont be able to make the dates [emoji53]
[emoji94]

Lincoln, Uk

Ive spent today using my airbrush iwata HP-CS for the first time today on a sign board (rather than test and practice sheets) struggled with psi, thinning paint and also losing my way a bit. Needs detailing, a few spots where it needs maybe a slightly darker colour aa the nose has been blanded one shade in parts and more highlights to pop that nose out,get the eys more realistic-ish i dunno. Its been hard to be honest, a few moments of child like hissy fits this afternoon thats for sure.
I think ive wasted more paint today than ever because ive over done one colour and trying to keep in my head in aurbrush mode, not lay on thick and keep going until its ok like i do with a paint brush.
[emoji2957][emoji14][emoji854][emoji23][emoji94][emoji869]i get to do art boards for my local little off licence beer grocery store for a few beers, i like it because i can get my art displayed on the pavement outside right next to a ser of traffic lights :)
Ill show some more when i get some more done.
My issue is Im really crap at being patient.
Im usally splash blob splash blob , use my hand and finger smooth the paint , done. ...now its a whole new experience thats for bloody sure.
Anyways, this is a bob marley on a A board.
03612d2a14da3a9ba60c8b54f089bd8b.jpg

Lincoln, Uk
Looking good!! :)

Back