helmet drying

B

Bailey

im currently trying to paint my helmet i got just a normal full face i sanded it all down and cleaned it all up nice and just did a coat of yellow on it i was wondering how much time i should wait between coats its quite warm today so i was wondering if it would make it faster and what the fastest way of getting it to dry?
thanks!

Air temp has an awefull lot to do with drying time.
In the factory I work at, especially in summer, you can see the etch primer coming out of the gun like powder almost.
In winter, it's the exact opposite and can take 30 mins to go off.
If you're careful, you might get away with a heat gun, but be aware that it might create wrinkles in the paint,
Been there and done that!

Air temp has an awefull lot to do with drying time.
In the factory I work at, especially in summer, you can see the etch primer coming out of the gun like powder almost.
In winter, it's the exact opposite and can take 30 mins to go off.
If you're careful, you might get away with a heat gun, but be aware that it might create wrinkles in the paint,
Been there and done that!
thanks i put it into a hot room we had with a heater on to try and set it it seemed to set pretty good

i think air drying..... not accelerated will get you a better dry/cure using a heat gun or hair dryer etc could cause the odd wrinkle or blow your hard work clean off the lid!

no i didnt prime it or noting im expecting it to get all dirty and wrecked anyways im raceing at a dirt track and i just wanted my old helmet to match up with the car it looks better then the wrinkled sticker i had on it so far! just something to play with mostly probly well end up repainting it some time in the future just to pratice right now!

Back