Help creating small stencil

J

Juicegoose

I'm needing to create a small collegate stencil for a project. I'm new to airbrushing in general and never really stenciled anything before. The picture is roughly 20mm x 20mm square. it consists of 3 letters with the middle letter being larger. Google up Texas A&M and you'll see the aTm logo I'm talking about.

What would be the best way to create the stencil?
I was going to have the letters white with a dark maroon candy background. Thought it would be easier to layout the stencil as a sticker and paint around it with maroon then it would be to paint white over the darker maroon. Of Course I don't know though.

Thanks for any help.

So you mean this?;

images

At twenty millimeters that would make the biggest letter around twelve millimeters, this would require a very precise plotter or outstanding knife skills, and you would need two stencils, one for the main letters and one for grey part, I doubt you'll get the trademark symbol, ;) I would personally look for vinyl letter stickers with the same font and size as needed and detac and use the negative part of the film, but I know there companies in america who specialize in making small stencils of just about anything to make logo's for electro stamping knife blades, you would only need to send your image to them in an amail stating the size of your logo, just google stencils for electro marking.

Thanks Malky, I was going to keep the stencil somewhat simple and only use the white letters. Not the grey accent. The letters would be roughly 20mm total. So a little bigger but not much.

I have a bud with a vinyl business I'll give him a hollar

Thanks Malky, I was going to keep the stencil somewhat simple and only use the white letters. Not the grey accent. The letters would be roughly 20mm total. So a little bigger but not much.

I have a bud with a vinyl business I'll give him a hollar

If your letters are going to be white as they are above, your' bud can make the letters for you form masking film you can simply stick your letters to a white background and spray the back ground and remove the letters, you would only need the negative part if you wanted to make the letters another colour:)

That is my thoughts exactly. I was just not able to cut out the letters accurately. I had planned on spraying a white or silver base and then masking the letters before spraying the maroon topcoat.

Back