Help! Eclipse HP-CS nozzle broken :(

S

StuT

Hi,

I'm new to airbrushing and just received my first airbrush for Christmas!

I specifically chose the Eclipse because it has a drop-in nozzle and the price difference to the Revolution was negligible.

After having a play with it for the first time I cleaned it and as I screwed the nozzle back in I overtightened it and it snapped :( But now I'm really confused. I thought the nozzle was meant to be a single solid piece that is "drop-in" and not a screw in nozzle? I thought it was supposed to be like this: http://www.air-craft.net/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=nozzle eclipse&PN=Iwata-6042-0.35mm-Nozzle.html#SID=1540

I've looked around on you tube which has confused me further as some are screw and some are drop-in (see
and
).

Have I got a genuine Eclipse HP-CS airbrush with drop in nozzle as stated on the website? It's a Japan import. Photos are attached.

Assuming it is genuine, what should I buy as the replacement? The box says the nozzle is 0.3mm and having looked around, the one I have looks very much like a Revolution nozzle: http://www.air-craft.net/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=nozzle revolution&PN=Iwata-7042-0.3mm-Nozzle.html#SID=1540

Or do I need to contact the retailer as I've not got the right product? It was advertised as "drop in".

Thanks for your help :)

IMAG1268.jpg IMAG1264.jpg IMAG1266.jpg IMAG1267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the 0.35mm nozzles are two pieces, they should be treated as one. You should not have taken it apart even if they were so stupid to supply a small wrench with it. You missed the part that was stuck inside the nozzle cap. With a bit of persuasion you should have gotten it out. You can not buy the halves separately. You will have to get a complete new unit.

Although the 0.35mm nozzles are two pieces, they should be treated as one. You should not have taken it apart even if they were so stupid to supply a small wrench with it. You missed the part that was stuck inside the nozzle cap. With a bit of persuasion you should have gotten it out. You can not buy the halves separately. You will have to get a complete new unit.
Andre you know they supply the wrench just for that reason(break the nozzle and we make more money:D)lollollollollol that's why they can sell them cheaper~!

I wouldn't have used the wrench without having seen it on the second of the two videos I linked to. They made an extra £20 from me because of that! :(

I wouldn't have used the wrench without having seen it on the second of the two videos I linked to. They made an extra £20 from me because of that! :(

I saw that video and the guy disabled comments so nobody can correct him. I'll mail the shop directly now.

This saved me a ton of headache. I thought I was going crazy and was about to ship it off to Iwata.

I have wondered why you can't take the noZzle apart? I bought a replacement nozzle just in case and the nozzle that came with the ab actually was loose, (the two halves) so I unscrewed it the rest of the way, they had thread lock on the nozzle threads, apparently not enough, but it seems to work just fine when I put it back together, so that is why I was wondering!?

I've been watching this thread to see if anyone was successful with this, as I suspected someone would. I lost my half so I couldn't be the one. If it works from the factory, why not my house?

I've been watching this thread to see if anyone was successful with this, as I suspected someone would. I lost my half so I couldn't be the one. If it works from the factory, why not my house?
I know, I would like to know the factory's thinking on saying not to separate, any body knowwwwsww?

The Eclipse series .35 nozzle is made as a "drop in" so no messing around with the tiny screw in type. They are factory sealed together eliminating the possibly of an air-leak between the 2 pieces. If you received one that the 2 pieces are not sealed together (a rare occurrence) it should be replaced as defective by your retailer or contact iwata.

Donna :)

edited: The wrench for the tiny screw in nozzles was incorrectly packed with that airbrush. The wrench that should have come with it is much wider and is actually used on the head assembly to tighten/loosen it.

Last edited:
The Eclipse series .35 nozzle is made as a "drop in" so no messing around with the tiny screw in type. They are factory sealed together eliminating the possibly of an air-leak between the 2 pieces. If you received one that the 2 pieces are not sealed together (a rare occurrence) it should be replaced as defective by your retailer or contact iwata.

Donna :)

edited: The wrench for the tiny screw in nozzles was incorrectly packed with that airbrush. The wrench that should have come with it is much wider and is actually used on the head assembly to tighten/loosen it.
Thank you Donna! Do the higher end Iwatas have gaskets on the small nozzles?:thumbsup:

I looked up some Micron diagrams and did not see any gaskets listed for the nozzles so maybe this is a noobie feature to make it easier to install tips, "training wheels" for an airbrush!lol

I looked up some Micron diagrams and did not see any gaskets listed for the nozzles so maybe this is a noobie feature to make it easier to install tips, "training wheels" for an airbrush!lol

They don't have gaskets or "O" rings as some would call them, the hi-line series don't either, the nozzles on both series are so precisely machined as not to need them.

The only gasket you might need is a bit of beeswax to stop air leaks on the head so ive read

The only gasket you might need is a bit of beeswax to stop air leaks on the head so ive read

I often get bubbles at the back of the nozzle cap on my HP-BH but when it happens I retract the needle then take the cap off and screw it back on again and then it's fine, I'm a firm believer in not putting anything there that wasn't already there, except for the occasional floor of course;)

I often get bubbles at the back of the nozzle cap on my HP-BH but when it happens I retract the needle then take the cap off and screw it back on again and then it's fine, I'm a firm believer in not putting anything there that wasn't already there, except for the occasional floor of course;)
And we all know how expensive that becomes.:(

Exactly, since I'm a tight arsed Scottish twat, I'm not going to waste 50 cents on chapstick when I know I'm just going to trash the brush anyway:eek:
Lol! I ordered a one pound cake of bees wax, will last me forever!

Back