Help...Krome issue's

B

Boltcase

Yesterday started a new problem with my Krome I've never experienced before and that is pulsating air. I have cleaned it thoroughly 3 times but still pulsates air. It only seems to happen when just pulling back on the trigger slightly. I did hook up another airbrush to the compressor to see if problem persisted but that was not it. All parts are functioning correctly..no bent needle..no cracked nozzle..no buildup of paint anywhere. Hopefully that explains the issue clear enough because I really dont want to turn it into a fancy shower head for really little people.

I saw that one time in the past. For me it was a bad seal at the hold down ring. Take it down for a good cleaning and put some beeswax on the threads of the hold down ring when putting it back together.

Thx Jeff. I've heard the beeswax thing before just couldnt find the thread. Where did you pick up your beeswax...and dont say a hive lol

Thx Jeff. I've heard the beeswax thing before just couldnt find the thread. Where did you pick up your beeswax...and dont say a hive lol

I have a 1lb block of it I got off Amazon. It will be enough for many future generations of airbrush artists. If your in the US and want some send me a PM.

Lip balm might be a tad soft but Bow string wax should work if your a hunter.

Just remembered i have some Teflon thread sealant somewhere (keyword somewhere). I'll give that a go. Thx anyway for the offer jagardn. Also thx Shadow..i do know where to grab Bow string wax should it come to that.

Well I tried a little teflon tape to the hold down ring and unfortunately the problem of pulsating air is still happening. Im thinkin its time to contact Badger unless anyone else has a possible clue :) Nothin like an airbrush breakdown to sober yer day..lol

Have you removed the nozzle? I can't find a large size diagram for the Krome but if you have an o ring at the base of the nozzle I'd check that for signs of compression or the air cap passages for an obstruction.

Jim

You mention pulsating air, but nothing about paint. So I assume it does it even when dry. In that case, does the air pulse with the head and nozzle removed?

Don

Just an update because I hate leaving things incomplete (even though I do). I discovered the problem as being the valve casing (thats the part thats screwed into the airbrush that your airhose connects to) was not seated all the way in. It was just a small turn to tighten it more and the pulsating spray is gone. Hope this helps anyone else who has or will come across this problem. Thank you for all the replies to help.

Back