Help me decide

When I first got my Micron I never touched the mac valve , Then I tried it out but being the person I am I want to know numbers so for me it is just there 90% of the time 10 % I will dial down the pressure with it but that is usually when I am 5 PSI .
I still like the bigger cup of the C LOL but that is just me

I always wonder about the mac valve too. I was faced with the same decision and decided to go with the HP-B because I seen Donna in Canada has an accessory to add the mac valve in the hose line hmm :) Just thinking out loud Joe :)

my recommendation would be to get an external Mac Valve...... there was another thread here
http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/grex-g-mac-valve.20189/

seriously dont bother with the generic ones and my experience witth the Iwata ones isnt great. The big bonus is that the Grex G-Mac is also a quick disconnect, so if you just buy additional Male connectors for all your airbrushes you instantly turn them into airbrushes with Mac control

oh and FYI, when you buy spare parts make sure you buy them for the brush you get...
Iwata have two HP-B models, the older one is just a HP-B, the current one is a HP-BP or HP-B+ and the needles and nozzles arent interchangeable.

you'd be unlikely to find the older model still on retail shelves but if you are buying 2nd hand then its worth realizing that the spares could start getting harder to get. (they'll still be available but probably only as an order, not on the shelves)

I'm lazy :) I love the Mac valve... It's convenient and I use it more then the needle stop ( which I don't use anymore).
I have the HP-CH... I like the larger cup and I convert it to a .20mm for detailed work.
When it comes down to it... It's whatever you have your eye on... They're both good airbrushes ... The Mac valve ( just my opinion) is nice to have.

I too would echo JackEb's advice - I have brushes with and without, and after adding the Grex to my hose, never touch the valve on the brush, other than to use it as a convenient hand hold for steadying the brush.

Echo... echo... echo...

Personally I think the mac valve on the Iwatas looks stupid and dorky... I love the FPC valves on my H&S brushes, they look so sleek and sexy! (Mind you, I have no clue how to use them, they just make the brush look oh so cool!!!) So yeah, get the grex mac valve and some male QCs for your brushes and then everything has a mac valve. These people wouldn't lie to you!

I have a Mac Valve on one of my brushes. I like it, I use it as my compressor is a little distance away. Mainly I like the feel of holding it to steady the brush. But as the others have said, having one on your connector can save so cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a regulator right next to my work area so adjusting air is not an issue..hmmm, I think the B without the Mac is my play here

Guess what made its way into my hands today. Wooohooooo, can’t wait to try it

Back