Help me pick a quiet compressor

Doesn't look like a sc fi. It got 2 pc vents, easy peasy
https://www.californiaairtools.com/sound-proof-cabinet-ultra-quiet-air-compressors/cat-spc03/

I went to check for california air compressors, cause I know they are quite popular in airbrush community. Either way, for claimed 40% less noise, it doesn't look special. Some metal and acoustic foam if I see correctly.

Yep. Just a box made of stuff you can mostly get cheap at your local hardware store. Shouldn't even need much in the way of tools if you can get them to cut the materials for you (most chains in the US will do this).

My compressor is a California Air Tools model, and I like it. Only a little more expensive than a "Master" type compressor, but a lot more capable and quiet. Not as "silent" as advertised, but well within non-problematic tolerances for casual residential hobby use. I would recommend it.

The box I think I'd only recommend if one were completely lost at sea with how to build a box of basically any sort.

Not as "silent" as advertised, but well within non-problematic tolerances for casual residential hobby use. I would recommend it.
Had a problem with my neighbour, prick was loud like an elephant. I asked him nicely and bastard started lying he isn't the one. He tried to push aggressive move on me and on my 75 year old neighbour lady. Then I had enough and I pushed him in to corner with legal ''steps''. Now I am predicting he will be on hunt for sounds which I make. Few weeks ago it went so far I turned my music so loud you could feel walls are breathing. Not shaking but breathing :D
That's why I was asking for info in this thread:
https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/where-can-i-buy-this.23262/
I am sleeping like a baby for 3 days now. No more noises :cool:

So day is not a problem, for long nights I don't know. Not one person told me they can hear a machine at nights from me in one year of that compressor. But I think I have psychopath hunting my ass now :D

Either way now I know I have psychopath for my neighbour. :eek:

Ok , so after much driving and seeing bunch of stores with printed picture of that mufflers I posted before I got information. We visit few stores where compressors are sold and nobody had a clue what are those and for what. And we almost gave up, but we were lucky. We stopped at the store where they sell compressors and bunch of other things as well. As soon I showed picture to the guy, he told me those are ''mufflers'' for welders. :laugh: Mystery solved :rolleyes:

Interesting. I don't know anything about welding. I wonder what part of the machine they go on?
I am in the same boat as you. Check this video, maybe for this? Just skip all to the end, where that guy put car muffler on the machine. I am sure we have some welder on forum. I think I seen @Ttxela welding something on one of his videos, but I am not sure.

Adding a Muffler to the miller diesel welder generator

Back