Help with 2 talon gravity fed air brushes

M

Matt N

Hello...
I bought 2 Paasche Talon gravity fed airbrushes and a paasche D500 compressor (w/o tank) not too long ago. The other day...all was good. Painted and then disassembled my brushes completely to clean them.

However- today I go to hook my brushes up to my compressor and neither of them will initiate the compressor/blow air. The triggers depress but do nothing....why is this? Is there some sort of seal? I am fairly new to airbrushing. I checked the air valve assembly, needle rocker assembly, tip needle, trigger....nothing seems broken or otherwise changed so I am stumped. I read something about a needle packing nut...could this be the cause? Maybe I screwed this up when I was cleaning them with the brush? One of them will blow a slight amount of air but then just dies off.... the other does nothing at all.

Compressor works fine...tested the quick disconnect and when the little valve is pushed in air comes through no problem and remains consistent pressure. Paasche Raptor and Vision airbrushes work fine.

Thanks.

Matt

Hey Matt just my poor opinion,
If you got quick disconnect on them, maybe you've over-tightened them blocking the air-passage. I had that issue myself and untighened them a bit and worked ok.
How about poping into introduction and write about your gear-where ya from... It will definetely help members more experienced than me point you in the right directions.
Greetings.

Hello...
I bought 2 Paasche Talon gravity fed airbrushes and a paasche D500 compressor (w/o tank) not too long ago. The other day...all was good. Painted and then disassembled my brushes completely to clean them.

However- today I go to hook my brushes up to my compressor and neither of them will initiate the compressor/blow air. The triggers depress but do nothing....why is this? Is there some sort of seal? I am fairly new to airbrushing. I checked the air valve assembly, needle rocker assembly, tip needle, trigger....nothing seems broken or otherwise changed so I am stumped. I read something about a needle packing nut...could this be the cause? Maybe I screwed this up when I was cleaning them with the brush? One of them will blow a slight amount of air but then just dies off.... the other does nothing at all.

Compressor works fine...tested the quick disconnect and when the little valve is pushed in air comes through no problem and remains consistent pressure. Paasche Raptor and Vision airbrushes work fine.

Thanks.

Matt
How did you clean them? did you soak them in something ?
What paint was you cleaning out of them?
Just saying you cleaned them but not saying how you did it can mean a lot of different things to check.
Is you soaked the entire airbrush in something that can swell rubber seals can cause the issue you're having but so can a broken seal in the air valve body.
But jump on over to the Introduction section and tell us about your self like how long you been airbrushing , what is you end goal with the airbrush.
where ya from ya know things like that LOL .

Hey Matt just my poor opinion,
If you got quick disconnect on them, maybe you've over-tightened them blocking the air-passage. I had that issue myself and untighened them a bit and worked ok.
How about poping into introduction and write about your gear-where ya from... It will definetely help members more experienced than me point you in the right directions.
Greetings.
This seems likely, if your QD tails have seals in them, they are easy to squish to where they clog the opening.

That last bit about pushing the little valve in though, kind of sounds like you're talking about the moisture trap/regulator.

You may just have your regulator adjusted to basically off.

Air would still come out the bottom of the trap when the release valve is depressed but wouldn't flow down the hose.

Pictures are good in this situation so we know what your checking on the compressor and what you have fitted to the airbrushes, the more info and pics we have the easier it will be to diagnose what could be wrong.

Lee

Back