Help with my TC-20

S

SwtFlamingo

Hi all,

Hope you can help. I have a Master TC-20 a few years old but hardly used. It's been in storage, went to use it the other night... Everything was fine then all of a sudden the motor stops and of course no air. The power light is on, but nothing.

I let it sit for a couple days just plugged it in and tried it again... and of course nothing. It seems to have power but nothing else.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hmmmm... might need some more information... what is also polite is an intro please... Welcome dragon.jpg

I started opening it up just googling anything I see that might be replacable.

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_462460374798132_20190629_183034317_50.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_462460374798132_20190629_183034317_50.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 11
On top is a pressure control switch...could that be a possible culprit?

The most likely candidates are the pressure switch / the start capacitor( black box in the pic)/ or the thermal breaker.
You can use some wd-40 in the pressure switch to try to clean and lube it.
Outside of that youll need a multimeter to really tell you what the problem is.

I suppose you could also jumper the yellow and red wires together and see if it kicks on. If it does then its the pressure switch.
Of course any tinkering you do with electrical is completely your responsibility as is your safety.

The most likely candidates are the pressure switch / the start capacitor( black box in the pic)/ or the thermal breaker.
You can use some wd-40 in the pressure switch to try to clean and lube it.
Outside of that youll need a multimeter to really tell you what the problem is.

Thanks! That does help narrow it down on where to start! I'll start with the pressure switch and then go from there. Thanks for the wd40 idea!

I'm not all that mechanically inclined but if it was the capacitor wouldn't you think the light on the power switch wouldn't be on? (Curious)

Much thanks!

I suppose you could also jumper the yellow and red wires together and see if it kicks on. If it does then its the pressure switch.
Of course any tinkering you do with electrical is completely your responsibility as is your safety.

Ha! Totally understand!

Nah, the light on the power switch will come on regardless.
Usually capacitor fails are somewhat slow though. Initially starting with humming and no motor movement or having to drop the pressure to near nothing before the motor starts.
Often on these it will also sputter on and off because theres not a lot of air storage, so the motor keeps trying to start but not hitting a running speed under load.

Last edited:
Back