Help!!!!

Y

yavniella

I twisted my nozzle back in too tight with the little tool that came with the airbrush and when I tried to take it out part of it broke leaving the other part in the airbrush. Can I get this out or is the airbrush ruined? I have an Iwata high line hp-ch with the 0.3 needle and nozzle. This has probably never happened to anyone else.

Can be removed , then you must check if the airbrush thread turn is damaged or not .
I suggest you to take the airbrush to a turner (lathe operato) to take out the little piece , or to a watch technician , is the safe way

You could probably put a toothpick in there, use some light pressure and turn counter clockwise. I've never had to do it, but it should work.

Last edited:
if you were twisting the nozzel , that would be and external connection,, the nozzel screws onto a threaded piece that connect to the airbrush... maybe you can wrap some paper towel around it and remove it with a pair of needle nose pliers,, with much love ofcourse

I would try a small screwdriver or similar , what jgardn said really, and no you are not the first. Just be careful not to damage where the nozzle screws in. That part is non replacable.

Sometimes as the nozzle get older and taken in and out so many times it can weaken, or in your case over tighten and break.

Remember next time lightly snug. I also lube the threads with either oil, super lube or Chapstick, makes it go in and out easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have heard of people using the tip of a hobby knife to back out the broken part. Of course you have to be careful not to damage the threads in the airbrush body. The toothpick suggested by Jeff would be safer if it works for you.

Don

I would try a small screwdriver or similar , what jgardn said really, and no you are not the first. Just be careful not to damage where the nozzle screws in. That part is non replacable.

Sometimes as the nozzle get older and taken in and out so many times it can weaken, or in your case over tighten and break.

Remember next time lightly snug. I also lube the threads with either oil, super lube or Chapstick, makes it go in and out easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, when tightening the nozzle, you should really only have to go until it stops, then just snug it.

Can you get us a picture, so we can better understand how you should get it out?
It sounds to me that the threads broke off in the threaded body.

Glad to here some solutions. Here is a pic. Meanwhile will put some solutions to the test. Sorry so many. New to this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's about right, just be careful of the very small threads inside of there. Only other option is to call Iwata and send it out for service.

Hope you get it sorted, yav. I know I would do the same if I had a nozzle like that, and other people have done it, so don't feel bad. One of the reasons I love my hp-cs is because of it's self centering nozzle that drops in.

Got it out!! Saw a YouTube vid and used an old needle to screw it out. The threads look alright too. I'll definitely know when I get a new tip and put it it. Good thing I have my eclipse to keep practicing!

Back