here's my first couple go at it...

J

JeyThomas

So I've fired up the compressor 6x's now and after some doodle crap and lines, messing around, one small circular stencil, I tried a skull from the interweb, and now started a portrait today. I know, go slow amd learn some control first but why not push myself right? I've done but 2 color changes and am having quite a few problems but I'll let see if time and browsing this site don't fix me. It's FREEZING in the garage and before long I have to retire. I'll shut up now, here's my 5th and 6th time firing up the compressor. Aside from knowing I'm rushing it, help a brother out please!

Attachments

• 20141114_234538.jpg
    20141114_234538.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20141124_182313.jpg
    20141124_182313.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 62
Dude that indian is sweet, skulls good but the indians better. Just build up your layers slowly. Temperature can affect a paints ability to work correctly, ive never had a problem cause i spray in my kitchen which is never cold, but what ever probs your having it will have been talked about on here before so someone will answer anything your having issues with

I like the Indian portrait! I could sense the emotion of the subject.
Perhaps adding some lights on the eyes would bring the portrait to be more alive?

Those are really excellent. Far better than my first goes at it! The long hair on the skull shows decent control and the Indian (Native American for those politically correct) looks awesome. :)

Thanks everyone!!!! I will post more as I go and share the finished version. This i used an Iwata HP-CS, but already see a micron in my future. I wont get ahead of mysepf too much and learn this first. Just keeping the gun running smoothly is hard enough for now. Can't beleive how much good information is here and how freely people exist/share whithin this site. I feel selfish not commenting on all the great things I see people doing but I have yard apes to attend to and am short lived when here. Thanks for the love and advice. *I may have to sneak more time here, too much good stuff not to....and you people are inspiring! much love and thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone!!!! I will post more as I go and share the finished version. This i used an Iwata HP-CS, but already see a micron in my future. I wont get ahead of mysepf too much and learn this first. Just keeping the gun running smoothly is hard enough for now. Can't beleive how much good information is here and how freely people exist/share whithin this site. I feel selfish not commenting on all the great things I see people doing but I have yard apes to attend to and am short lived when here. Thanks for the love and advice. *I may have to sneak more time here, too much good stuff not to....and you people are inspiring! much love and thanks for sharing!

Whats a yard ape, now everything is telling me its a monkey for the back garden

Haha yes, my little ones! I hope to get good enough to do thier portraits someday.

Doing extremely well so early on, some peeps just jump in like a duck to water and thus far your taking on prob the hardest thing to do for many-portraits and doing a dang fine job of it, well done..

Yard apes is a oldy but a goody. My dad called us rugrats and crumb snatchers.

Thanks peeps! While airbrushing is brand new to me, I've always been told I'm somewhat artsy fartsy. I mostly do beadwork nowadays and haven't drawn anything more than a doodle for my son (who's 3) in years. I'm trying to encourage him to be artistic and see where he takes it. While there may be some hidden ability I wasn't aware of previously (probably more autistic than artistic I always said), I have much to learn and am so grateful for all your advice and helping me through the basics. I hope the "newness" doesn't wear off and I can stay excited about this new hobby for a while....so much to learn and only one lifetime on earth (or so I've been told).

Its a hobby that has the habit of teaching ya something new everyday m8 so no worries on the wearing off, especially if you like to learn..

Made it this far today. When the gun isnt acting up its really nice, but soon as I get going something puts that to a hault. Either nozzle gets clogged, tip dry, or trigger is sticky...then I get antsy and rush....grrrrr lol

Attachments

• 20141126_204037.jpg
    20141126_204037.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 24
Back