Hey all from Sweden!

one of the great reasons I advise people to go badger (no matter where they are from) its badger is fantastic for customer service......ken the c.e.o of badger is a member on here and often drops buy to give his advice and knowledge on brushes and paints.....why? because he actually cares....like with all products occasionally something may go wrong but, with ken he freely gives out his own personal email and gets the problem sorted for you.....(not that I've had any problems) and on an occasion I have had the pleasure of meeting him....he would never sell you anything you don't need, he stands by his product (which is great) parts are cheaper (you could pretty much buy a whole badger krome for the price of the head assembly of a custom micron) and the krome is comparable in performance to the micron.....go badger

This what I'm talking about, guys who stand behind their products. Thanks a lot for the heads up!
I have no doubts about the Iwata quality, I'm just that kinda guy who likes to have a dialogue with my dealer, pre sale and post sale. And if the dealer happens to be the manufacturer, everything will most likely be so much smoother. Badger will be my first choice.

Hello Goblin!

What you are going to miss I guess is the pressure of your tools on the paper. I did some pencil drawings few year ago and when airbrushing I still miss the touch of your tool on the paper, the feel and 'connection'.
But! Airbrushing is just lovely too!

Hey Dennis,

I know what you're saying, the feeling of being connected to the piece I'm working on.
I've tried airbrushing so I know the feeling of the brush.. It is very different from drawing, a kind of "floaty" feeling, if you know what I mean.

Rebell.com sells badger in sweden to prices that are pretty ok.

Nah, will order from http://www.badgerairbrush.com. Price isn't the main thing, support is.

Welcome dude...wonderful drawings!

Thanks, appreciate it! :)

welcome aboard

Thanks!

I don't think badgerairbrush.com ship outside us/canada.

i guess support is pretty good at rebell.com and its in sweden. i know another member of this forum shops badger from him.

I did order my krome from webairbrushes.com i hope thats a good shop, don't know yet no delivery yet. it seems
hard to find shops with badger ab's and spectratex paints that ships to sweden ?

i got my velocity from here Tc Graphics and Paint think it was priced at around $100...... with shipping and tax added to get it to the u.k it came in at about £100

hope this helps..... ken from badger obviously knows these guys personally as the company is also based in chicago so is one of their main suppliers..... as far as care gos i think no matter where you buy it from ken will always listen to any concerns you may have with his product.... he is a top guy..... go badger!!!

i got my velocity from here Tc Graphics and Paint think it was priced at around $100...... with shipping and tax added to get it to the u.k it came in at about £100

hope this helps..... ken from badger obviously knows these guys personally as the company is also based in chicago so is one of their main suppliers..... as far as care gos i think no matter where you buy it from ken will always listen to any concerns you may have with his product.... he is a top guy..... go badger!!!

Thank you, it helps a lot! As I'm being a total newbie to airbrushing I need a lot of guidance. You have convinced me to go for a Badger airbrush. Now, what model should I choose?
First and foremost, I will use it to practice with. But as soon as I feel comfortable with the airbrush of my choice, I want to start learn how to paint hard surfaces like helmets, bike pans, and that kind of stuff. I guess I need to use solvent based paint for that type of work?

Last edited by a moderator:
no buddy you dont need solvent based, however the renegade series is suitable for solvents as it has teflon o rings.... both wicked detail and spectra are suitable for the kind of applications you want to do, they hold up well in direct sunlight and dont fade to badly. i think the velocity is a great brush for the money as is the krome... and the krome comes witht he .3 needle set up aswell as the .21 where as the velocity only comes with the .21 (however you can buy the conversion for around £20 to make it up to .3

in mitchs fire video i think he uses the patriot, this is also a great brush with a larger needle for hammering down paint and base coating

Thanks again! :)

The Badger Krome sounds like the best choice and deal then.
What about clear coating, do I need to have a separate spray gun for this or does the airbrush handle clear coating as well?

most folk don't spray clear through the airbrush.....you can.....but it requires alot of cleaning and also the spray pattern is different.....airbrush sprays a conical pattern while spray gun sprays a fan shape more suitable for laying down flat coats

Alright, thanks a lot.
You've been to great help already, I'm very impressed with this forum. :)

its all good buddy, we are all pretty much the same on here, just want to help each other to get better.....so far, its working great....everybody is improving by making it common knowledge....enjoy yourself!

Back