Hey Fez!

R

Ranger370

You mentioned using white on black instead of black on white? I have another Indian portrait I want to try and I have plenty of black illustration board. Using black board I should not have to worry about the blue shift..right?

You mentioned using white on black instead of black on white? I have another Indian portrait I want to try and I have plenty of black illustration board. Using black board I should not have to worry about the blue shift..right?

That's correct, but you will use an incredible amount of white.

Blue shift I believe is more dominant when you don't take the white to full opacity, I trend to mix it up a bit, some layers il spray straight white, other layers I put a drop of orange in, just to counter act the blue.....its down to you really mate, I think white with the blue shift looks cool on black, it gives you a white and grey on black vibe, suits alot of people I paint

Blue shift I believe is more dominant when you don't take the white to full opacity, I trend to mix it up a bit, some layers il spray straight white, other layers I put a drop of orange in, just to counter act the blue.....its down to you really mate, I think white with the blue shift looks cool on black, it gives you a white and grey on black vibe, suits alot of people I paint
I am going to give it a shot. I laid in the major landmarks so lightly you can just see them and strangely enough it already looks pretty good. I can recognize the warrior just from the white landmarks. I'm sure to mess it up as I go along but I am using these portraits to try and gain more control over my spray patterns. I think what I need is some way to stiffen the trigger a little to counteract my finger tremor. It's small but it causes blotchy looking lines.

either stiffen it so you need lots of effort to pull it or loosen it so you need barely any..... what brush do you have again ranger , normally you can adjust trigger tension. as for your painting, now is the time to start erasing back the dark areas, using pencil style erasers and putty/kneadable erasers, work on your textures wrinkles cavities,blends etc then another light layer of white paint ... repeat repeat etc etc.... good luck bro

Thanks Fez, I have an Eclipse HP-CS and just love it. If I can get this small finger tremor thing worked out I'll be a happy man! I did a little erasing last night. I have an electric eraser and several hand erasers too. I'm going to work this one slowly and see what I can learn. The white on black is sort of like doing a negative image and I find that interesting.

Back