Hi all

Welcome Raven,
Where in this big ol’ ball do you call home?

what gear are you starting out with ?

im using a Harder and Steenbeck and have 2 Iwatas in transit one micron one HP-CS plus .... i only have access to 1 White Ink and 1 Black lmao which i am reducing with alcohol and glyecrine. but paint also on the way hahha .. covid is really holding up postal deliveries. Oh im an Aussie... town called Karratha

A west Aussie ! We don’t have many of them :)
If you don’t have a local supplier the I highly recommend AirbrushMegastore.com great Iwata prices and Createx dealer

already with them mate lol... i have 3k in Createx on the way fingers crossed it should get here tomorrow.... i googled and they seemed to be the ones that keep coming up, anyways a pleasure to deal with ... so where are you from?

already with them mate lol... i have 3k in Createx on the way fingers crossed it should get here tomorrow.... i googled and they seemed to be the ones that keep coming up, anyways a pleasure to deal with ... so where are you from?
Mt Barker in the Adelaide hills
$3k !! What did you do , buy every series colour wheel or just the economy size bottles of everything. You do realise airbrush paint goes a loooot further than hairy brush paint :)
Hope you got large transparent base and some restorer !

Mt Barker in the Adelaide hills
$3k !! What did you do , buy every series colour wheel or just the economy size bottles of everything. You do realise airbrush paint goes a loooot further than hairy brush paint :)
Hope you got large transparent base and some restorer !
sure did lol... yeah got mainly larger sizes as i build guitars and want to start spraying them with artwork, also have 3 bikes i wqnt to do same too, so yeah i'll be onto it hHahhaha

You’ll be shocked at how far airbrush paint can go if you’re only doing artwork. If you’re basecoating an entire bike/guitar then you may use a bit more.
To base coat both sides of the average car bonnet you’d only need 1/2 litre (after mixing with reducers)
And that’s heavy coats !!

Last edited:
whats done cant be undone hahahha.... would you recommend storage of paints inside in cool environment?

Definitely the cooler the better. Don’t store in the shed. You’ll see them settle and seperate but they should mix up again. Although you may need a long stir stick to reach the bottom of the bottle.

Welcome aboard from NY! Sounds like you’ve dived into the airbrushing pool all the way at the deep end. :)
You have some nice brushes there. Looking forward to seeing your artwork as you get the hang of things

Back