Hi every one

Bottom feed sounds like s622. If so the the short needle is to the .8 setup
Should be .35, .5 and .8
Unless it's sb844
In which case it really is a side feed
And then the short one is the .5

Sweet. Now I just need to get some paint to work well with it. Only used it with miniature model paint so far. And I played with some India ink on Bristol. That was fun.

I've used a ton of different paint.
Some does the task just as well.
It does help though to get some common ab specific paint..go with reduction and pressure other people use and then you know what kind of performance you're looking for so you can match it or try and get close if you do use something else.

Although performance I'll use loosely... The brushes you have can be well you know... Frustrating. Not trying to down you or anything but there is really a big difference on these things, you'll find out I'm sure if you stick with it and decide it's worth the investment.
The cheapos do serve a purpose though. I'll use em too so no snobbery here.

Of course. So my game plan is... be a beginner with beginner equipment. I can probably still get better with cheaper stuff right? Learn the basics. I assume detail is going to be pretty tough with this gear. I want to try a few different paints til I find one I like. Where would you recommend starting in the paint hunt. I was looking at createx illustration. What’s the difference between that and (regular) createx.

Createx illustration is great! Probably overkill for the brushes though.
Regular createx is primarily fabric paint.
Createx wicked is good all around paint and you can usually get a primary set cheap and sometimes local.
If your doing just art...comart is good.
Umm I'd probably just get wicked.
Most of the others really are geared towards more detail than I would be capable of w your equipment. So IMO not worth the extra expense

Last edited:
Two schools of thought on the equipment.... One, if you use the cheap stuff it's likely to frustrate some people into giving up. You can't tell what's really you, and what's your equipment. Possibly end up in spot where you spend more on cheap stuff than if you'd just got the expensive one in the first place.

Two... Just like you're saying. As long youre not one to blame yourself or hare short on patience... Sure why not start out with less invested. I kinda favor this one.

So ... Up to the individual really.
A proper dagger stroke can be extremely difficult on a cheap brush... Keep that in mind as you go.

Ok. I will probably look into higher end brush fairly soon if things go well. Createx illustration looks cheaper then wicked online that’s why I considered it. Price wise though what about golden high flow. I hear it can be temperamental. Too much to try with a cheap brush.

Golden's way expensive.
CI looks cheaper only bc it's 1oz kits and doesn't need thinned. You'll burn through it w those bigger nozzles in no time.
Wicked is a lot more paint and it still needs thinne so it's really even that much more.

Gotcha. I’ll go shopping
Before you buy, I really recommend checking here first. Say what your budget is, what you want to use it for, the paint you're thinking about and you will get a bunch of great advice. Everyone has their faves, but at least you will know A) that what you're buying is suitable for the task, and B) if the quality is good enough both to learn on, and for your needs.

Without knowing any of the above - I recommend looking into the Iwata eclipse range. They have a side feed if that is the kind you are interested in. Not cheap - but far from the most expensive, and more importantly, IMO it is the best performing brush for the money that there is, the most reliable and well made, with the hardest wearing parts. It is the industry workhorse, an all rounder that can give super fine detail (when you get to know it of course) and a 2 inch spray pattern for larger work. It makes learning much easier, the nozzle size, as it's not strictly a detail brush, is a little larger, so is a little more forgiving while learning paint ratios. This is not a brush you will outgrow, as it really is capable of super fine detail (not as effortlessly as the microns, but it can do it), so the money spent now is a good investment, as you may never need to buy another - though if you're like most around here, you will probably want to lol. Well worth shopping around as price can vary a lot, and see if you can get vouchers for places like hobby lobby, who I believe do %40 off.

Revolution CSU by Iwata. Reasonable price. Looks good for a newb according to their site. Run that with wicked to do illustrating. I normally use pencils ink and copic markers to illustrate. Little acrylic here and there. Probably use it for a little mixed media. Build up the skills.

For the same price I'd personally recommend a Mr hobby gsi procon boy
Ps270 or 289.
Which are really equal to brushes costing more than double that.

Oh ok. What are the differences? This is what you are using. What do you like more about this gun if they are priced similarly?

This one is imo equivalent to or better than ( if you like built in Mac valves) an hp-b+
Side by side spraying...I couldn't tell the difference.

I've never messed with a revolution
Mainly bc not too many people here recommend them.

Any of the Mr hobby line of brushes are a steal. You're really jumping right up to pro equipment with the next logical upgrade being a micron ( which if you want to you can mostly convert this brush over to later)

I will say an eclipse is probably more beginner freindly and less delicate but thats probably true of the eclipse over every brush out there.

Last edited:
You won't have any excuses :)
I'm confident you'll love it. Plus if you could keep those Chinese brushes clean and spraying without breaking anything then you shouldn't have any issues doing maintenance on it.

Back