Hi every one

I went ahead and grabbed the 270 and wicked primary set. May as well have something of fair quality if I’m going to try and progress a little.
Good choice those brushes represent fantastic value for money. I think you’ll be shocked at the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Yeah you can feel how smooth and tight fitting everything is.
Plus you can just see the chrome is entirely different and finish flawless.
Pictures don't quite pick up how different they really are.

Awesome can't wait to see some pics of your work, even if it's just test lines

Awesome, that new brush smell!
You have to at least post of photo of the new toy LOL.
It’s practically rule here.

I’m gonna practice some lines dots and daggers this week. And I prepped on old illustration board to play with maybe this weekend. Hey quick question what ratio of paint to reducer should I use while I’m just getting the feel of this gun and paints? Is there like a standard all purpose ratio?

I’m gonna practice some lines dots and daggers this week. And I prepped on old illustration board to play with maybe this weekend. Hey quick question what ratio of paint to reducer should I use while I’m just getting the feel of this gun and paints? Is there like a standard all purpose ratio?
Not really , but a good starting point at Will at least work is 3 reducer 1 paint....18psi.
It's actually on the thick and high pressure side of things but easy to get started and have it spray without challenging you too much on spiders.

Unfortunately the answer to that question is the big mystery of Airbrushing haha. But Robby’s suggestion will get you going.

Not really , but a good starting point at Will at least work is 3 reducer 1 paint....18psi.
It's actually on the thick and high pressure side of things but easy to get started and have it spray without challenging you too much on spiders.

Unfortunately the answer to that question is the big mystery of Airbrushing haha. But Robby’s suggestion will get you going.

Good to hear you got the AB and paint.
Yep I agree too, that ratio should get you going alright, however you can adjust as needed. You may find you need an extra drop of reducer if the paint is still thick.

Lee

Beautiful!
I'm sure you probably know this but that air adapter that's screwed on the brush, the hose, and the can adapter are basically useless.
Some people like to use the plastic tip guard to make back flushing easier.

20171102_205903 (1).jpg Here's the first test line I did w mine before I got paint and pressure dialed in better. That line on the right is a thinning head hair.
With practice it will get down to the thickness of that hair , with very clean edges.

I did know that about the adapter. I actually have some canned air for cake decorating way back when.

Ok. Made some dots and lines. It was ugly but I like how it felt. Trying to figure out how to keep that hand steady.hey. Do y’all stand up while doing all your work? And how close to vertical do you keep your work surface? I think finding a comfortable position will help a lot. Also I’m trying to figure out how air adjust screw, needle stopper, air pressure all work together to get best results.

A lot of us have an easel so not quite true vertical. I mostly sit.
There is no perfect recipe for paint/reducer/psi but a good starting point is 1:1 paint/reducer and adjust the psi until it’s spraying well. Just remember, what works today may not work tomorrow.

The needle stop I used in the beginning. Basically as a training tool.
I'd screw it in to l it touched, then push down the trigger. Then uscrew it ever so slightly.
This was mostly to see how very little trigger movement I could use for a thin line.

The Mac valve was basically left open until later when I need very low pressure. Because that little compressor goes on and off way too much when you get regulating down to using 10 psi. Best to regulate 15 and tune down from there, it's mostly useful when you get into higher reductions.

My favorite is about the incline of a drawing table and I often use both hands for detail work. Used to let my pinky touch to keep a steady distance. Sit as a often as possible.
Standing works great if you're going for a mainly freehand method on large pieces or going for t-shirt style work. It makes it easier to do fast , long movement.

Honestly i’m Using a grab bag of different paints that I’ve collected over time. Just trying to figure out how to thin the paints in the different brushes. I got the brush setup online for cheap including compressor. The compressor broke so the company sent a replacement. I fixed the other one so I have 2 compressors! High tech right!? I’ve been playing with breaking down the different brushes. Cleaned up the needles a little. Now I just have to paint something. I’m in a small town called Homer Alaska. I’m really excited about this forum.
Welcome aboard!

Back