Hi everyone

lincrick

Young Tutorling
It seems an introduction is in order. Lincoln, Nebraska is where I've called home for the past 30 some years. I was drawn to airbrushing for a few reasons. I've always wanted to be able to create art, but I my drawing talents are sorely lacking. Through the use of stencils and an improvement of my skills, I hope to create something. Plus my woodshop isn't heated (I'm a woodturner) and my ceilings are to low to practice a lot of juggling (I'm an okay juggler), so airbrushing works great as an all-season pastime. I purchased an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS in December of '18 along with your generic 1/5th hp compressor with a 3 liter tank. My Eclipse came with 3 primary opaque colors and a small bottle of cleaner. I've since acquired a set of 10 Golden High Flow Transparents and am experimenting with both sets.
You guys have already helped me with my foamy paint problem and I'm really grateful. I hope to learn enough here to be able to pass it forward. - rick

Welcome aboard Rick. I’m glad the forum was able to help you our already. Sounds like you’ve got some great kit to be starting out with, so I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Rick, you have some good kit so your learning curve will be a little easier. You will be constantly learning and will never stop, there's always something new that pops up. We're here though, so don't worry too much.

Lee

Welcome from Australia :)

If artwork is you goal then the golden paint will likely be better than the generic opaques that came with the compressor.
It is a good year round hobby, even though you’re not using urethane did still recommend ventilation to the outside world

Welcome from the UK. Glad your brush is up and running again, hope to see what you do with it sometime.

Back