Hi everyone.

P

Pretorian

I am new to airbrushing and have only had my own airbrush for a few days. I started doing painting in hospital and found I was not too bad at it. The carer who looks after me now is a very good airbrush artist and got me in to it. I am only doing it for fun and I want to learn how to do it better. I Have PDST anxiety and depression but I found art calming since I got discharged with multiple injuries from the army. All tips and tricks would be very helpful and I thank you all in advance.
Many thanks.

Welcome from Holland Pretorian, and i am sure you'll learn fast and a lot here....And having fun while doing this !

Thanks guys I have 101 questions but I'll sift through the forum for answers first lol. thank you :)

Welcome to the forum Pretorian! sounds like you've been round the bend once or twice, when you have any questions just ask away and one of us will be sure to help:)

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:eagerness:

Hi Pretorian, welcome to the forum. Where are you from?
Cheers Mel

Hey Pretorian, hi from the uk. Learning to AB, saved me from going under after an assault, so hope it does the same for you. Everything you need (and plenty you don't need,lol) to get you on your way is right here at your finger tips, so don't be shy. And enjoy!

I'm from uk midlands. I have found painting very relaxing and found I don't need as much medication due to it. I've bought a book to help me learn but it seams like it misses steps in learning as it goes from teaching lines and dagger strokes the stumbles straight in to full blown portrait art :/ I'll put up a photo soon of my first piece of art and then the sufferings of over spray, splatter and runs. Oh and it's hard getting the paint constisyancy right, which I haven't mastered yet by far lol.

I'm off all my meds now. Concentrating on AB stops me focusing on other things, getting anxious, or reliving what happened. It's given me my life back. I could almost be accused of being normal Lol! Ok...ok.....I said almost Lol. Getting paint flow right is a pain when you're starting out, as there's no hard and fast formula. Different colours even of the same brand can behave differently, it can be different depending what AB you use, and even the weather can have an effect. But you'll soon get a feel for it, just experiment and make a note of what works best. If you do a search for paint mixtures or paint ratios you should find posts of what others use. I use Wicked paints 1 drop paint : 3 reducer at 20 psi as a base and tweak from there if I need to. Have a look at the vid of exercises and projects the AB tutor has made if you haven't seen them already. It covers all the strokes you need and puts them into practice. Most people do the eye as their first painting. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to the forum from another West Midlander. Like what Squish said.. You will soon get everything under control.

Lee

It is hard mixing. I think I've wasted about £80 worth so far lol. The only one that hasn't blocked it up was a pre mixed black lol. And I've also found some paints don't mix with thinner it just acts like mixing oil with water :/

It is hard mixing. I think I've wasted about £80 worth so far lol. The only one that hasn't blocked it up was a pre mixed black lol. And I've also found some paints don't mix with thinner it just acts like mixing oil with water :/

£80 that's a lot of paint, maybe you should check in the paint section of the forum and ask questions there. Not all paints mix well together :), I'm sure that there are plenty of more experienced airbrush artist on the forum who will be happy to answer your questions on mixing paint.

Back