Hi everyone

K

kania

Hi,

I'm kania and I live in UK, I've started my adventure with airbrushing about couple months ago. I have bought the 80 quid airbrushing kit from ebay (compressor and 2x airbrush) It was one of the biggest mistakes so far lol, but at least I could practice double actioning, dots (only the bigger ones lol) and lines. After getting used to double actioning I have decided it's time for bit better equipment as the ebay compressor has siezed up. I bought a little bostich nail gun compressor (works really wel and not too noisy so I can use it in the flat) and Badger Velocity airbrush. I have been playing with this setup for couple of weeks now, but the badger decided to play up today and it makes a big dot everytime I stop the paint flow grrrr.
Ok, I'm off to search the forum to solve my issue with the airbrush.

Welcome home kania
Sounds like you need to clean the nozzle of your airbrush.
What kind and brand of paint are you using?

Welcome home kania
Sounds like you need to clean the nozzle of your airbrush.
What kind and brand of paint are you using?

Hi,
Thanks for a warm welcome.
I have cleaned the airbrush and oiled it up, still no joy. Maybe I haven't cleaned it well enough.
I am using auto-air colors (auto-borne) paints

Hi,
Thanks for a warm welcome.
I have cleaned the airbrush and oiled it up, still no joy. Maybe I haven't cleaned it well enough.
I am using auto-air colors (auto-borne) paints

use either Denatured Alcohol or buy some Restorer (made by Createx) to soak the Nozzle only in . I use to think I had a clean brush until I was taught about how to soak the nozzle and watch just how much paint I was missing during the cleaning.
When you say oil it up what type of oil are you referring to ?
Super lube or something else?

use either Denatured Alcohol or buy some Restorer (made by Createx) to soak the Nozzle only in . I use to think I had a clean brush until I was taught about how to soak the nozzle and watch just how much paint I was missing during the cleaning.
When you say oil it up what type of oil are you referring to ?
Super lube or something else?

Thanks for advice.

The oil I've used is just 4in1 standard household DIY oil for door hinges etc.
I will try to get hold of some denaturated alcohol, if that fails I will order some restorer from ebay.

You want to get some needle juice or (same but cheaper) ky jelly, any water based lube.....do not used oil based....as you know water and oil doesn't mix so its not gonna help your clogging issue...., get yourself some cleaner and run a bit of that throughturn your pressure up a fraction or reduce your paint just a fraction more.....this is what I do when my velocity does the same thing

Welcome to the forum from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to the Forum from the UK, just incase you didn't know denatured alchohol is methylated spirits. I would also recommend needle juice or superlube, both specific for airbrush. Only the Fez knows KY Jelly inside and out. If he says it works and you have some, don't tell us, just try it :)

Lee

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!

Thanks everyone for your greetings and advice.
Looks like I will feel here like home
Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Back