Hi from Manitoba.

K

KaP

Hi everyone Kevin from Manitoba. Canada.

Just getting into airbrushing, been doing alot of crafts with the kids and an airbrush will make my job so much easier =)

I just bought a beginner set and having issues with brush right away, the picture was not the brush I got, I ended up getting a master AB130 witch is a really cheap airbrush but I figured its ok to get going with. Well on day 3 the brush wouldnt spray anymore I was getting air into the color cup so I took it apart and the nozzle came off and the treaded part stayed in the gun. I like the compressor I got with the set so I got a partial refund and ordered a new nozzle and needle for what looked like masters replacement for the AB130 hope it fits but am now researching for a better gun. Leaning towards the Badger Krome but shipping is costing me a fortune, so a question for some of the other Canadian airbrushers out there, is there anywhere in Canada you guys are ordering from or does most of this equipment come from the U.S. and we just have to bite the bullet on shipping.

Cant wait to dive into the forums, meet some new people, and learn from you all about this amazing little tool. Im in northern Manitoba so I have lots of time in our winters to practice. I set up a paint room in my utility room, made a 4 x 5 foot easil ( also very handy woodworker ) and getting set up, pretty bummed about the airbrush trouble but will get them sorted soon hopefully.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Kevin.

Hi Kev, welcome from the UK! Unfortunately as you've discovered those cheapie brushes are very hit or miss. On the plus side a branded brush makes your ability to learn much easier. Without having to worry if it's the brush causing problems,or having to constantly tweak it to get it to work you can concentrate on finding a paint/reducer/air ratio that works for you (almost impossible with a naff brush), and when you have good flow, it makes learning strokes and techniques infinately easier.

The Badger Krome is a popular brush, I don't have one myself (I prefer Iwata, and if you have trouble getting a Krome for any reason, then consider the eclipse HP-CS), they are much liked around here. I believe @Maple Art might be able to help you out with supplies, though I'm honestly not too sure if they carry badger stuff. I'm sure other Canadians can point you in the right direction anyway.

Enjoy the forum, and when you get your new weapon don't be shy about posting up your efforts/exercises etc. Only constructive advice here, and save you weeks of trial and error.

Welcome from Calgary. Maple art is based in Edmonton. I got my first ab from PM hobbycraft before I discovered a couple of smaller art stores carry them too... happy hunting...

@MeeshellMP mine shipped today!! getting pretty excited for it to get here ... just in time for christmas hehe. Will have to keep it super clean till I can open it on christmas morning.

Welcome Kevin - Well I guess I can let the secret out of the bag now .... Badger products will be in stock soon... I am currently working with Ken and hope to have the products before Christmas... I'm not sure that will help Kevin... right now...

As a small reminder maple offers flat rate shipping across Canada $18.00 for up to 5 pounds

Kevin If I can help you out please don't hesitate to contact me :)

via e-mail: mapleairbrush@icloud.com or text or call 780 909 2143 :)

and another secret FREE SHIPPING THIS WEEKEND STARTS FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY

Welcome Kevin - Well I guess I can let the secret out of the bag now .... Badger products will be in stock soon... I am currently working with Ken and hope to have the products before Christmas... I'm not sure that will help Kevin... right now...

As a small reminder maple offers flat rate shipping across Canada $18.00 for up to 5 pounds

Kevin If I can help you out please don't hesitate to contact me :)

via e-mail: mapleairbrush@icloud.com or text or call 780 909 2143 :)

and another secret FREE SHIPPING THIS WEEKEND STARTS FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY
Thanks for that ... I have just ordered a Badger Krome from Chicago airbrush but Im sure I will be getting more in the future =)
I will deffinatly be contacting you when Im ready to add to my meger paint selection tho.

Kevin

Welcome to the forum Kevin. You will love your new AB. So much better than the cheapie ones. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your future works. :)

Back