Hi, from New York

CALz AyrWKz

Air-Valve Autobot!
Greetings everyone!

I have always been into art and creating things all my life. When my kids were little, I was into tole painting with acrylics. The basic method of tole painting is very similar to air brushing except its using a paint brush.

My husband and I are also into cars and have a muscle car and a classic pick up (total gear heads). I have always admired the beautiful artwork done by air brush artists at all of the car and motorcycle shows that we go to. My husband has been pushing me to pick up the air brush for a long time. This past summer, we went to the Syracuse Nationals in New York where there was a young air brush artist. He had only been painting for four years and his work was wonderful. After speaking with him, I was encouraged to pick up this form of art and have recently purchased my first IWATA Eclipse brush. I will probably be buying a micron brush soon.

Lucy is was one of my first attempts. Being new to the tool, the air brush spit and messed up the left eye and in order to fix the mess up, I had to make the eyes darker than they should be. IMG_1239a.jpg Copperhead was my next attempt. It came out better. IMG_1242a.jpg

I have a lot to learn and I am seeking knowledge and wisdom from you wonderful people who are willing to share. Many thanks to those who take the time to create videos and tutorials.

Cheryl

Welcome home Cheryl
The Lucy look great and skulls and snakes are always a winner in my book.
Post up the pics of the muscle car and classic pickup too:D

Hello from germany and welcome to the forum Cheryl :)
I think your paintings look very good :)

Welcome Cheryl! Sounds like you have a good start in the arts. Youre work looks great! Feel free to ask any questions, cause there is plenty of help on here. Enjoy this great forum!

P.s. I want to see these hot rods too! lol

Thanks Herb and John,

It took me a while to find some pics. The car was a frame off restoration that my husband and I did. It was finished in 2000. We have had a lot of fun with it and have made many new friends in our travels. The car was at Syracuse a few years ago. Maybe John might have seen it. There are not too many 72 GTO's around, especially in Wilderness Green.

The truck was found in an old barn with original 35,000 miles on it. The bench seat was like brand new and not too much rust. We could have shown it in its original condition. All the crayon marks were still on the fire wall. Since, it has been frame off redone, bed is finished, it was lowered, shaved, tubbed and painted a cool blue that reflects purple in some lights. I hope I can get good enough to paint some cool graphics on it later on. I have some thoughts in mind. Nothing too gawdy though. My hubby is working on the big block that he is going to put in it now. The seats will be buckets and the interior needs to be done. It will be fun when its finished.

Rock-Ledge.jpgTruck.jpgTruck-a.jpgTruck-b.jpg

Thanks Herb and John,

It took me a while to find some pics. The car was a frame off restoration that my husband and I did. It was finished in 2000. We have had a lot of fun with it and have made many new friends in our travels. The car was at Syracuse a few years ago. Maybe John might have seen it. There are not too many 72 GTO's around, especially in Wilderness Green.

The truck was found in an old barn with original 35,000 miles on it. The bench seat was like brand new and not too much rust. We could have shown it in its original condition. All the crayon marks were still on the fire wall. Since, it has been frame off redone, bed is finished, it was lowered, shaved, tubbed and painted a cool blue that reflects purple in some lights. I hope I can get good enough to paint some cool graphics on it later on. I have some thoughts in mind. Nothing too gawdy though. My hubby is working on the big block that he is going to put in it now. The seats will be buckets and the interior needs to be done. It will be fun when its finished.

View attachment 6834View attachment 6835View attachment 6836View attachment 6837

I am a softy for old goats. I use to have a 67and 69 GTO Judge , I have a 67 Chevy Carry all with the barn rear doors , Plus the 54 Pontiac my wife got me.
So now ye just need some air brushing on that truck:D

Thanks everyone. You have made me feel welcomed. I appreciate it.
John and Nashilling, I am about 50 miles north of the City. Nash, I hope you faired well through Sandy. We had a few trees down and the power only flickered a few times.
Josh, I love your quote. Its so true. Lots of practicing ahead of me. But, I do love the art. You are all an inspiration to me.

So, show us your pics, Mr. Micron. We want to see your rides. :)

Last edited:
welcome hope u stick around,, good folks on here glad to have ya

Hi Cheryl from the UK, great to have another female airbrusher on the forum. I'm into bikes, but I do love old american cars and hotrods, even if I don't know much about them. If I ever won any money I would have a '32 Roadster.

Last edited:
Hi Squishy, your artwork is outstanding! I wanna be like you!! lol Your bikes are beautiful. How long have you been painting?
I like the Roadsters too. We almost bought one a few years ago. I also love to look at the bikes but, I am too afraid to ride one though. There are too many careless drivers on the roads. A friend of mine got sideswiped by a tractor trailer and got hurt really bad. Anyway, thanks for the welcome! I admire your work. :)

Awww shucks, thanks Cheryl. I've been airbrushing a little over a year and a half now, and like you always admired the artwork at shows etc, just took me a long time before I decided to try it myself, and I sure wish I'd started sooner. I've learnt a lot from this forum, the people here are awesome, very talented, and generous with advice. You've definately come to the right place! Hope to see some more of your work soon!

Yeah, me too Squishy. My hubby has wanted me to pick up the brush for years. Wasn't till this summer that I would give it a try. Now, I need to buy a Micron. lol
Hi Jack! Nice to meet you.
Here's a question for you. I have been practicing my brush strokes on newspaper print. I have only done about 4 or 5 paintings and they have been on Canson Mix-Media 98 lb. paper for watercolor, acrylic and pen & ink. Do you think that I should be practicing on another surface? I am using Wicked paints.

Back