Hi from Pennsylvania

DeadRabbitArt

Gravity Guru
Hi everyone. Newbie to the forum. Airbrushed for a little bit over a decade ago. Then, like all of my other hobbies, it fell by the wayside when I started a family. Recently, broke out the old Paasche Talon and bought a new cheap compressor and starting painting again. It's funny the things you forget and how sometimes they come back. This is what I painted this week to get into the Christmas spirit. I made way too many mistakes on it and learned quite a bit. I also realized that this was a bad idea to start back into airbrushing with. Any feedback, especially in ways to improve it would be greatly appreciated.
4e9f4d47cfcdc7c64752f28489695d39.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Hi DeadRabbit ! Welcome aboard.
As the esteemed and much appreciated JackEb said you have joined at time of transition. The site will be changing so don't be surprised when the front page loads and it looks totally different. It's still us.

Welcome DeadRabbit.
It looks like you’ve done a great job having just picked up the airbrush again after so long.
What paints are you using?

Welcome Deadrabbit, great job on Your first piece after so long, looking forward to see how You improve so keep at it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! The paints I'm using are all Createx brand. This was done with a mix of some older Createx Airbrush, Wicked and some Illistration line. It's funny, my biggest issue with this painting is I laid frisket on top of gesso canvas and I was way too heavy handed with the exact knife. I started working on a Scooby Doo piece last night. And cut the frisket while it was off the canvas. Already better results but still heavy handed. This time with the airbrush. Lol. Apparently I need to work on not being so heavy handed. Thats where most of my mistakes come from.

Welcome from SW Pa. What part od the state do you call home?

Your piece looks good for having been away so long.
I'm from SW PA too. Near Pittsburgh.

Thanks. When I airbrushed before I used alot of frisket techniques with freehand mostly being for the shading and softer lines. I got some great results that way but my goal right now is to get a better control over my airbrush so I can manage better free hand results too.

I'm from SW PA too. Near Pittsburgh.

Thanks. When I airbrushed before I used alot of frisket techniques with freehand mostly being for the shading and softer lines. I got some great results that way but my goal right now is to get a better control over my airbrush so I can manage better free hand results too.

Cool, another 'Burgher LoL.

I started with masks and tape on MC stuff. Figured out a way to do simple t-shirts.

I'd like to improve my skills also. I came across a portrait I'd like to try to do. Not sure where to begin. I have an idea, don't know if it will work until I try it.

Cool, another 'Burgher LoL.

I started with masks and tape on MC stuff. Figured out a way to do simple t-shirts.

I'd like to improve my skills also. I came across a portrait I'd like to try to do. Not sure where to begin. I have an idea, don't know if it will work until I try it.
Nice! When in started airbrushing before, I did it because I wanted a custom paint job on my motorcycle. Funny enough, I have a few tanks I plan to paint and a full motorcycle that needs a paint job then time to sell. So this winter will be a good time to work on skulls. Lol. Everyone loves skulls.

Sounds like we were pretty much on the same road. I taught myself because I bought a custom painted Harley back in the day. I wanted to learn how to do that.

Used a pic as my avatar for a long time here.

I planned to start a log but there seems to be an issue with starting a new thread. So here is what I managed to accomplish this week.

Roomy Roo for my youngest brother who has a bit of an obsession.

Any advice or criticism is greatly appreciated as I am here to learn and hopefully improve.

Attachments

• 20221226_195419.jpg
    20221226_195419.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 6
I planned to start a log but there seems to be an issue with starting a new thread. So here is what I managed to accomplish this week.

Roomy Roo for my youngest brother who has a bit of an obsession.

Any advice or criticism is greatly appreciated as I am here to learn and hopefully improve.

Hey dead rabbit,
post new threads is now functioning so go right ahead and start your log, it will be a welcome addition

David Lynch does march to the beat of a different drum. Movie wise I just got a copy of Mulholland Drive which I plan to watch this weekend. I've seen it once a few years ago. Eraserhead I didn't care for, too much background noise throughout and I picked up a copy of Blue Velvet which I have not seen yet.

If you like a continuing saga there is Twin Peaks (TV show). I have the complete series on DVD. Yeah, I'm a David Lynch fan.

David Lynch does march to the beat of a different drum. Movie wise I just got a copy of Mulholland Drive which I plan to watch this weekend. I've seen it once a few years ago. Eraserhead I didn't care for, too much background noise throughout and I picked up a copy of Blue Velvet which I have not seen yet.

If you like a continuing saga there is Twin Peaks (TV show). I have the complete series on DVD. Yeah, I'm a David Lynch fan.
I'll be honest. I didnt know anything about David Lynch until yesterday. I remember knowing about The Elephant Man as a kid but I think I only saw a little bit of it. I would say looking at his work, it's interesting and gives a bit of a weird uneasy feeling, which is something I love in art.

Back