Hi from Pennsylvania

R

rjs5244

Hi everyone, I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student. I've been wanting to try my hand at airbrushing for a while now and within the past week I was given a paasche millennium set (never have I had that good of luck!). I'm not really sure if it is an extremely good one, but I do know it is not a bad one. I bought some spectra tek paint yesterday and was able to do some free hand today. It went fairly well, my lines weren't straight nor did they start where I wanted them, have the right width or saturation. I suppose all that will come with more practice.

I'm really enjoying using the airbrush as well as watching these tutorials. I still have plenty of questions and I think that I may be using this forum for a while. I look forward to working with all of you!

Welcome to the forum! I'm new to here myself, I used to live in PA (Near Allentown). I have never used a Paasche Millennium, so can't say anything about it's performance. Hope you enjoy reading and learning here as much as I have so far.

Hey rjs, welcome to the forum, glad you decided to give ABing a try. Don't know anything about that brush, but it seems to be working, so I suggest you download the practice sheets from the site and get stuck in. Have fun with it!

Welcome RJS:) hope you enjoy your stay mate, feel free to ask any questions you may have, we'll do our best to answer them

Thank you for the welcome. I just had an idea for practice for anyone else still learning like me that may read this: for practice getting the lines to start and stop where you want, do maze. Just google image search maze and find one that you feel comfortable with. I think that may be a little more entertaining.

Welcome from Cali. Great forum with awesome artist. What else could you ask for? Glad to have you with us here. If you have any questions someone here will have the answer!

Welcome to the forum what are plans with the engineering degree have a guy I work with just finished his second year and went to italy he wants to get into automotive

Hi everyone, I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student. I've been wanting to try my hand at airbrushing for a while now and within the past week I was given a paasche millennium set (never have I had that good of luck!). I'm not really sure if it is an extremely good one, but I do know it is not a bad one. I bought some spectra tek paint yesterday and was able to do some free hand today. It went fairly well, my lines weren't straight nor did they start where I wanted them, have the right width or saturation. I suppose all that will come with more practice.

I'm really enjoying using the airbrush as well as watching these tutorials. I still have plenty of questions and I think that I may be using this forum for a while. I look forward to working with all of you!

Do they teach you all how to hand draw anymore or is everything AutoCad? Been 30+ years since I earned my degree and had to made the switch to the AutoCad ... Still have to do a lot of hand drawn stuff .

Im not sure what I want to do with it, I've thought about automotive, but I think I may like private reasearch and development better.

Everything is auto-cad. Im not sure if one of my future classes will touch on it, but if they do, it will be breif. What have you been doing with your degree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rj welcome from Florida and your talent and experience will jump tenfold after spending time here. Careful......friendships and blogging AND airbrushing go hand in hand here. ;) enjoy, ask, create!

Back