Hi, new to airbrushing and currently googling like mad!

S

Smucker

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum and airbrushing. Looking for spray systems for guitar finishing and currently searching for this elusive airbrush in my mind that does absolutely everything I want it to....but don't think one exists!!

On a side note, what is it with all these ridiculous names for airbrushes!!! CH, TH, TS, TG, LPH, BCR. Keep forgetting which one is which when i'm researching.

Anyway, sure i'll be posting on here a lot with questions so thanks in advance!

welcome to the fun and madness. Not familiar with those particular model codes, but with Iwata they include the cup size/style in the model number.

is there a brand that you are leaning towards ?

Welcome from New Zealand... There are people here who suffer AAD (Airbrush Acquisition Disorder) trying to find that Nirvana you are seeking... there are bnrushes that do lots really well and others that only do a little but but do it exceptionally... :) The Iwata Eclipse is a good all rounder but as with anything takes practice, time and skill to bring out the best in it. You can paint a line finer than a human hair with a 0.18mm nozzle but forget covering even an A4 with a base colour... :)

Welcome home , Now where do you live?
It helps us help you in finding what you are looking for.
Airbrushes are personnel and there is not one that fits us all. some like the side feed , other like the bottom feed , Me I love gravity feed..
But most of us have a couple of different airbrush for different uses .
some have mini hvlp spray guns and some have both mini and full sized ones . there is no one fits all for anything but there are those who have put the practice in that can make even a .5 set up do super fine detail work ...

I personally love the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. Its a workhorse of a brush and is versatile. The nozzle and needle are big enough to cover some larger areas, but not too large that you can't get detail. You can get some mighty fine lines with it. It just takes practice. There are many others that would recommend the badger brand as well. But, from my own experience, I think the Eclipse HP-CS is a great brush. I have two of them and plan to buy more. I also have the Micron, but find I don't use it as much now that I'm able to get the detail out of the Eclipse. Just my two cents. BTW, welcome to the forum!! :)

Welcome from SW Florida. I'd recommend the Eclipse as well. Really depends on what one you would prefer. I have the HP-CS and the HP-SBS. I personally like the side feed just because of the quick paint changes. Both are awesome brushes, and are very capable of fine detail.

Hi smucker and welcome to the forum!

Everyone has their own idea on what a perfect brush is, depending on what they want to use it for, how they like to paint, and even how it feels in the hand. But I can only only echo the others. You won't go wrong with the Iwata eclipse Hp-CS. A great brush for the money, an all rounder, with a slightly larger nozzle than a dedicated detail brush so is less fiddly when it comes to paint reduction that those finer nozzles, but still capable of doing really fine detail (when you get to know it of course :) ), plus that slightly larger size gives better coverage of bigger areas, but is more refined than a .5 gun. Add to that it's easier to clean - less teeny parts to strip down, and that parts are really hard wearing and long lasting if looked after properly. It's perfect for learning on, reliable, and you won't grow out of it.

I'm new also and your here so your googling can now be less entencive. Been airbrushing for less then 6 months so here ya go my experience to help ya save cash.

As others have said.

Iwata eclipse hp-cs then for paint wicked detail or comart. That will get ya going with much less trouble start your air at 18 psi and dilute paints 20 percent. That will be a good start point from there tweak to your liking. If cash is a issue I recomend the comart paint set with primary and transparent colors about 20 bucks for the set.

And a big tip if your in usa and have a hobby lobby near by. Get their app each week is a 40% off coupon that's how I got my eclipse for like 125.

Back