Hi to all

S

steluck

Hello, am ste from the uk, and just received delivery of my airbrush kit about 1 hour ago, have never picked up a airbrush before but total respect for the work you guys are capable of and i intend to practice,practice,practice and hopefully achieve a decent standard some day in the future. as i said, 1 hour in and already bent my needle and had to fix, which i cramped between 2 ice lolly sticks a kept turning needle until it reached a reasonable straitness, luckily is only a cheapy which came free with pump, and not the krome i bought and will pick up when i learned the basics. Goodluck to all in the competitions and hope to put something up in the future. ste

Welcome Home Ste
you have found the right family to learn from. Just remember take your time this is not a race. Dots and dagger while boring will help you so much on becoming the airbrush artist you want to be.

welcome from cambs ste..... there are 1 or 2 others on here from brum so you are in good company,.... enjoy your stay mate

welcome from a newbie in SA . you are definitely in good hands here

WOOHOO welcome to the forum from a fellow Brummie :) Just like you said practise is the key. Keep your crown cap on while ur practising, It wont make a difference to the width of spray and will protect your needle while you are learning. Saves you lots of hassle too having to straighten it.

Lee

Hi from another brit. Just my opinion, but if you have a krome i would jump straight in with that. Keep the crown cap on until you become confident, to protect the needle, and be ultra OCD when cleaning it to keep it running well (I only say that because when I started out, I made the mistake of thinking I'd cleaned my brush and it "would do". Not realising that just because it seemed clean doesn't mean it was clean, and then not realising that was why I couldn't get it to perform). The cheap brush you want to practise with, could end up giving you more headaches than it's worth cos they are genereally poorly made and create problems. The better quality brush will eliminate those issues and allow you to focus on technique, and getting pressure and paint consistencies right, without wondering if the brush is at fault.

A warm welcome from another fellow Brit and novice. I'm sure you will pick up a lot of info from here ... dont be afraid to ask!

Back