Hi!

Menno83

Young Tutorling
Hi guys,

It's been a while (prob more than a year) but I've taken up on airbrush again! Today I've been struggling all day long to get consistent airflow (with my Rolair AB5) and relatively thin and straight lines (I use the Iwata HP-plus), I hope I'll get more productive over time and will be able to post some of my work soon.

cheers,
Menno

Welcome Menno! Glad to have you aboard. If you’re struggling with lines feel free to post a pic of them. You’d be surprised how much help can be gained by seeing what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I’ve had a good sleep, let me try again :)
What paint/reduction/PSI are you running?
Don’t forget, the psi should be set at the regulator while the trigger is pressed on you airbrush.

Now I’ve had a good sleep, let me try again :)
What paint/reduction/PSI are you running?
Don’t forget, the psi should be set at the regulator while the trigger is pressed on you airbrush.

Hi Jack,

I think the issue is that my needle gets dirty very very quickly (see attached picture). I try to focus on opening and closing the paint flow properly but I keeps happening after a few lines.

I'm using Golden high flow acrylics paint + water and I've got the pressure at ~25PSI.

cheers,

Attachments

• DSC_1362.JPG
    DSC_1362.JPG
    419.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi Jack,

I think the issue is that my needle gets dirty very very quickly (see attached picture). I try to focus on opening and closing the paint flow properly but I keeps happening after a few lines.

I'm using Golden high flow acrylics paint + water and I've got the pressure at ~25PSI.

cheers,
That does look like a tip dry issue. What kind of paint to reducer are you running?
Fine lines can be achieved a bunch of different ways, thicker paint and higher pressure will benefit from you moving faster. Very thin paint and lower pressure can allow you to move slower. It’s kind of a “what works for you” deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back