Hi

Padre

Needle-chuck Ninja
I've been drawing most my life, started airbrushing in 07'. Was a member of airbrush.com. Not sure what happened to that forum. I went through a divorce in 09 and gave up on everything. Packed my airbrushes away and started down the path of alcoholism. Got married again in 12' only to divorce again in 15'. Fast forward to waking up on this Christmas morning to a Silentaire Scorpion II under the Christmas tree courtesy of my significant other. She's seen me occasionally draw and express how i loved ab'ing and decided to nudge me into that direction again. Saturday afternoon I dusted off my Mojo and Iwatas, plugged in the new comp and just verified things still mechanically worked. That comp is so quiet vs my 21 gallon craftsman. Now to build up all the necessary things again and start painting. Hopefully have something done by spring.

Welcome to the forum Padre, We have a great community here and a lot of experience and information. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Welcome to the forum Padre. I'm glad your better half nudged you in this direction. I hope it brings back some happiness to you:thumbsup:.

Being you have an old, noisy, Craftsman compressor I'd hazard a guess you are somewhere in the United States. Yes?

I had a noisy Campbelll-Hausfield I used for years. I bouht a California Air Tools ultra quiet one this spring. Huge difference:).

I've been drawing most my life, started airbrushing in 07'. Was a member of airbrush.com. Not sure what happened to that forum. I went through a divorce in 09 and gave up on everything. Packed my airbrushes away and started down the path of alcoholism. Got married again in 12' only to divorce again in 15'. Fast forward to waking up on this Christmas morning to a Silentaire Scorpion II under the Christmas tree courtesy of my significant other. She's seen me occasionally draw and express how i loved ab'ing and decided to nudge me into that direction again. Saturday afternoon I dusted off my Mojo and Iwatas, plugged in the new comp and just verified things still mechanically worked. That comp is so quiet vs my 21 gallon craftsman. Now to build up all the necessary things again and start painting. Hopefully have something done by spring.
Welcome to the forum Padre!

Welcome to the forum Padre. I'm glad your better half nudged you in this direction. I hope it brings back some happiness to you:thumbsup:.

Being you have an old, noisy, Craftsman compressor I'd hazard a guess you are somewhere in the United States. Yes?

I had a noisy Campbelll-Hausfield I used for years. I bouht a California Air Tools ultra quiet one this spring. Huge difference:).
Yes, in the land of so hot that paint dries almost instantly, and so dry that every work of art contains dust. in Southern Arizona

You have found yourself at the best place around for helping you on your journey, it sounds like you've had a few bumps along the road but you are not alone there. Many of us have similar stories of life getting in the way.

Blow the dust of the brushes and the cobwebs out of your brain and start throwing paint at something :)

Yes, in the land of so hot that paint dries almost instantly, and so dry that every work of art contains dust. in Southern Arizona

That's a place I think I wouldn't mind being. I'm old and I don't much care for being cold any more.

That's a place I think I wouldn't mind being. I'm old and I don't much care for being cold any more.
the heat can be equally uncomfortable. I tend to melt in our Australian summers and its rare there isn't a fan going in every room if I'm not able to just sit in front of the air conditioner !

the heat can be equally uncomfortable. I tend to melt in our Australian summers and its rare there isn't a fan going in every room if I'm not able to just sit in front of the air conditioner !

I would at least like to sample it sometime. Middle of summer of course, just to "test the waters" so to speak. We get 90 degree days with high humidity. They can be tough. Especially trying to breathe. I don't know what dry heat feels like.

Fairly certain that in the northern part of AZ you can get to snow IF you want it. That is where I'd start.

Sorry Padre, didn't mean to step on your thread with my stuff. You did mention Arizona.

Last edited:
I would at least like to sample it sometime. Middle of summer of course, just to "test the waters" so to speak. We get 90 degree days with high humidity. They can be tough. Especially trying to breathe. I don't know what dry heat feels like.

Fairly certain that in the northern part of AZ you can get to snow IF you want it. That is where I'd start.

Sorry Padre, didn't mean to step on your thread with my stuff. You did mention Arizona.
It's all good. Dry heat is the equivalent of opening the door of an oven preheated to 350 and getting that blast in the face.
But I hear ya, worked in Dallas for a month this summer. 95 and almost 100% humidity, no thanks.

Welcome Padre! Glad you find yourself in a position that you want to airbrush again.

Well by golly sounds like this one may be a keeper being they bought ya a silentaire compressor.
Welcome home .

Back