hok dry pearls in water base paint

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
i am not in the position to paint hok in the garage tonight if i ever do anything with it itl have to be early in the morning on a sunny day not going to fumigate the house but i did try some mixed in with wicked transparent base and it seemed to work fine just thought i wood share it

On the pearls make sure if using an airbrush to spray it that you have a large nozzle .5 or bigger. It will clog anything smaller. That is even using the SG100 .
But they do give cool effects in some art work.

I had wondered that myself AF but never brought any to try. In theory it shouldn't make any difference as you are just putting the pearls in a binder. Exactly what you're supposed to do.. It just isnt HOK binder. Post up a pic of the results if you can. Would love to see how they came out.

Lee

I had wondered that myself AF but never brought any to try. In theory it shouldn't make any difference as you are just putting the pearls in a binder. Exactly what you're supposed to do.. It just isnt HOK binder. Post up a pic of the results if you can. Would love to see how they came out.

Lee

I have used dry pearl and micro metal flake (HOK) with trans base Wicked. with no problem .

Yeah just never try to spray AA alum coarse in an airbrush. I did and it's a PITA. Would not go consistently through my .7mm Anthem.

Wayne I shoot it with my bcs but I crank the psi to 60 or 70 lbs and reduce about 1 to 3 to smooth it out much more than that and it doesnt look right I think the biggest problem is starting and stopping over and over If I am covering a fairly large area it seems to do fine ..otherwise I totally agree..thats why god gave us mini guns Thanks for the info on the pearls

Back