For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Home lap steel slide guitar (wip)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Madbrush, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Didn't I tell you te get rid of that crapatalk shite? the forum is mobile friendly in browser mode, @WhiteKnight and @airbrushtutor went to a lot trouble to make this possible for you, the least you could do is show your appreciating by either ripping crapatalk out of your phone or buy a new phone that doesn't have it in, lol
    jord001 likes this.
  2. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

Lol i know mate but change scares me lol
    jord001 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Love the color it is softer then the first go at it.
    Love the name and I can see it catching on.
    Now on the gators just shoot them in the middle of the head , Clean them and put them on the BBQ , Do not over cook them and you can use the southern comfort to marinade them in too:D
    Madbrush likes this.
  4. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Is that why your still a sheep in human clothes ?
    Ye mum put it on ye when ye was just a wee lass and ye have worn it ever since.
    Be warned the MadBrusher loves him some sheep on its side:D
  5. matty171

aye lol
    jord001 likes this.
  6. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Love the name Lol. Mad-o-caster for sure! And if the blue bike I did (surprised you remembered that :) ) is anything to go by, I know that pic is not doing that paint justice, and it looks great in the pic!!!! I think pushing back the mother of pearl look a little under the candy has worked out amazingly well!

I've never played at open E tuning before. I pretty much stick to standard unless I want something a bit beefier then I might go to drop D, but that's about it. Can't wait to here how she sounds :)
    jord001 likes this.
  7. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Many moons ago there were two bikes that just totally blew me away, one was your fat lad bike and I remember making a comment on it and you thought I was another member at the time who just happened to be called fat lad, lol, the other one was from Red Baron and that was the tattooed bike with dragon and stuff under red candy, both bikes were the initial inspiration for this paint job and to be honest when anything makes the kind of impact those bikes made I never forget it.

If you have more than one guitar you should give the open E a try, it makes a lot of stuff simpler when you get used to it and it's ideal for blues and bottle neck, and what's even cooler than that is that you can play any chord at all entirely using harmonics, I've been messing around all afternoon doing just that lol
    jord001 likes this.
  8. Smiler65

Smiler65 Detail Decepticon!

Love the look of it. Turned out really nice and can't wait to hear you play it:thumbsup:
    Catchy name,now get marketing them.

Nice avatar.
    jord001 likes this.
  9. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

@Smiler65 @Mr.Micron @Squishy @matty171 @haasje dutchairbrush @PhilNelson

Well guys it took me a while and I apologise but I've been busy so haven't had a lot of time to play, I've just uploaded a video to YouTube and here it is, not the best playing but you can get an idea at least of how beautiful it sounds, it's being run through my new VOX VT20+ amp with no effects other than a some reverb/sustain.

I was so pleased with the end result that I also made a case for it ages ago, I forgot to update this fact but here it is also, there is enough room under the guitar to store all the necessaries, I.E, new strings, slide, chromatic tuner, etc.

20150714_174940.jpg

20150714_175002.jpg
  10. matty171

Mate that is super, you must be proud to have made that from scratch, i would be. Its very relaxing to listen to top drawer mate
    jord001 likes this.
  11. twood

twood Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

very cool....you must be proud.....
    Sounds great.
  12. Smiler65

Bloody hell Malky that is well cool and really nice playing, I don't know why but my hairs stood on end listening to that, I don't know the music but it felt so emotional.

Love the case,quickly scrolled through them first and thought you had a special blue micron case, nice plush interior, should protect it nicely.

Bet your well chuffed with it, looks very professional and can't wait to see you playing again:thumbsup:
  13. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I'm absolutely chuffed with Matty, I couldn't believe how much of a success it it was other than the dodgy sound pots I first had in it.

I found a huge cigar/wine box today at work that was an ideal size for a cigar box guitar so that might just be my next project ;)
    jord001 and matty171 like this.
  14. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

LOL, the song is amazing grace and I was trying to play it in the style of Rye Cooder, his music makes my hair stand up.

And yes, I am indeed totally over the moon with it, it gets a lot of attention from visitors:thumbsup:
    jord001 and Smiler65 like this.
  15. matty171

I thought it sounded like amazing grace, cause as i was listening to it thats what i started to sing, again mate super work
  16. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Great work Madbrush,It sounds like you should be playing with some of the Good ol boy's around these part's:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  17. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Ha ha ha, I would love to play with some of the good old boys around those parts, it's those guys who inspire me in the first place ;)
    jord001 likes this.
  18. haasje dutchairbrush

haasje dutchairbrush Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

That sounds surprisingly good, it has a nice "churcy" sound to it :thumbsup:. Now for some pinkfloyd.... :)
  19. Smiler65

Just listened to it again, heard it this time now you pointed it out.
    Just looked at other homemade ones on you tube, yours is head and shoulders above them, are youstill looking at trying to drum up interest in them?
    jord001 likes this.
  20. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Well if you ever get over in these part's I'm sure I can set that up with a few around here,And there's even some sheep down the road if you get lonelylollollollollol