Hooooo it's stuck

S

snufkin

The nozzle is stuck. I want to change to 0.3 and I can't.
Is there a magic solution?
gagygyhy.jpg

Soak in a bit of water. If that does not work, remove the rubber oring, then warm it with a hair dryer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks. I soak it in water but only for 5 min - didn't work. the solution with the dryer sound awsome
and thanks for the warning. I'm so implosive I can run and do it without thinking about the rubber

Mine stick like that all the time on my iwata's. I usually take a pair of needle nose at the base and very gently wiggle it and it usually pops right off. You should have a tool that goes over the nose of the nozzle that you can do the same with.

I have had mine stick like that once. I soaked it in a bit of denatured alcohol leaving the o-ring out of it. took about 15 minutes but it finally fell right off.
Thing with using pliers is sometimes you are stronger then the metal thinks you are...LOL

Needle nose will scratch nop? It looks like it would cause it has bumps on the lips that can scratch the nozzle. Sorry to everyone but try to understand what I meant. The alcohol won't ruin the chrome ? I keep reding that all the time here. Mr micron you told once that if I use it , to do it really fast

hence why I said very carefully with the needle nose, thats a last resort lol. You can get it to wiggle loose without much pressure. Alcohol won't ruin chrome, would take a very long time. Most airbrushes are solvent resistant so can handle a lot worse than simple alcohol. I soak mine in lacquer thinner which is a million times more caustic than rubbing alcohol. The only thing the alcohol can potentially hurt is the o-rings and the needle packing. It will make them swell up over time and can cause them to become brittle and snap. I have airbrushes that are 10 years old that do have some chrome finally missing, but it's all in the cup so not a big issue and all I spray is urethane so it's a lot rougher on them then acrylics.

Needle nose will scratch nop? It looks like it would cause it has bumps on the lips that can scratch the nozzle. Sorry to everyone but try to understand what I meant. The alcohol won't ruin the chrome ? I keep reding that all the time here. Mr micron you told once that if I use it , to do it really fast

No I think I said not to use ammonia with the alcohol.
Alcohol should not hurt the airbrush.

Wow I was sure I replied. Maybe it was somewhere else. Well I search the post " acetone as a cleaner" and you were saying that you shouldn't soak for more than 2-3 min.

Well I use a needle nose. And a towel so there won't be a direct touch . I have two scratches on my nozzle but I don't mind, our relationship became worse after it keep black spray every day and as a result my trigger is stiff and also the thing with the nozzle. What the point of having 0.5 and .3 at the same airbrush if you stuck with the .5 nozzle glued to the body? I recommend everyone to buy to brushes if they want 2 sizes of needles

Me personally, I don't understand why you would want a .5 or even a .3. The only use for them would be for spraying thicker paint or pearls and metallics that are coarse. All of my airbrushes are .2 and the iwata's I have that were .5 I immediately threw away the .5 nozzle and needle and upgraded to .3 since that was smallest they had. I spray fine metallics and pearls with no issues in a .2. Anything courser I just use a touch up gun.

I'll use one for backgrounds m8 or wall murals and sometimes T's but that's about all and I use the anthem so its kinda a 3-1 instead..But yer can't be bothered changing head assembly's anymore..its just way to damn hard :)..I just look at the line and say, stuff it, that will do LOL

Have to agree. I have one .5 now, HPTH, has a fan and round cap. Mostly the fan is on for candying small items or for laying trans base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me and airbrushing hooked up in the name of murals. That's why, after spending some time here I know that if I will some job in that I will buy a finer airbrush for the hobby.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

With two scratches, some brain cells that burnt out of rage and " why the hell have I bought this 100 and more dollars airbrush when I could have bought a 50 dollar badger and get even more inside the kit?״ I manage to lose it up. Now I'm with the 0.3 . Miricales do happen. Sorry I don't have auto correction

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back