Hose types

A

AirRaid

Whats the difference between "Braided" and "Straight" hoses....? is it a matter of preference or is there a real difference..??

I do believe braided hoses are stronger, harder wearing and can work at higher PSI :)

At the psi needed for airbrushing...it doesn't really matter. It's just a tube for air to go through. As a rule, it's just like Craig said, for most airlines that I've dealt with.

I use poly flow for the most part, WAY cheaper, you get 50 times as much and its very tough. The fact that it is see through has saved a couple paintings also, i was able to see that moisture was coming up the hose!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have a similar style to what Seamonkey suggested, I made my hose for around $5-6 but it took a bit to chase down the right fittings, braided hoses generally don't kink as easy either..

I think braided hoses are stronger and don't kink. They don't bulge either keeping the pressure consistant, in the same way braided brake lines improve efficiency with brake fluid. However, having said that, at low pressure I'm not sure it makes too much difference. I use a braided one only because the other ones usually arrive coiled up, and then act a bit like a spring which I find annoying.

I rally don't like braided hoses. I have 1x 10' and 2x 6'. They are just too heavy. I'm slowly replacing them with Iwata poly hoses. They are light and very flexible. I work indoors so they a stay pretty safe.

Ok, I admit I dont know anything worth knowing about airbrushes Yet but wouldnt the 'braiding' add some sort of insulation to the hose,? i've read the thread where WaterRat is suffering severe water condensation, suggestions have included water traps, coiled hoses etc, and i think there was a reference to somehow insulating the hose to try and minimise the change in temp that adds to the condensation. Wouldnt a braided hose offer some sort of insulation ?

I'm very happy to be put back in my box if i'm barking up the wrong tree, but thought i'd ask the question anyway :)

Ok, I admit I dont know anything worth knowing about airbrushes Yet but wouldnt the 'braiding' add some sort of insulation to the hose,? i've read the thread where WaterRat is suffering severe water condensation, suggestions have included water traps, coiled hoses etc, and i think there was a reference to somehow insulating the hose to try and minimise the change in temp that adds to the condensation. Wouldnt a braided hose offer some sort of insulation ?

I'm very happy to be put back in my box if i'm barking up the wrong tree, but thought i'd ask the question anyway :)

A plastic or rubber hose braided with steel embedded in the the plastic or rubber is designed to withstand higher pressures.

A plastic or rubber hose braided with fabric around the outside is designed to reduce condensation, this does actually work, however, all compressor produce so much water that it just doesn't work enough.

Insulating the the hose further would help with reducing the temperature difference inside and outside, but this would make the hose a lot less flexible and difficult to work with.

Installing a coiled hose would also help some, but there is nothing that guarantees that water will be totally eliminated. I found all of this out at the cost of a compressor

And no JackEb, you are not barking up the wrong tree, you may remain out of your box, lol

A plastic or rubber hose braided with fabric around the outside is designed to reduce condensation, this does actually work, however, all compressor produce so much water that it just doesn't work ........

And no JackEb, you are not barking up the wrong tree, you may remain out of your box, lol

Phew, at least I was on the right track

Back