House Of Kolor - maximum cure time

J

joti_d

Hi, I've got a question that I can't seem to get an answer for anywhere...im looking to get and use house of kolor paint on a motorbike tank, the tank has been basecoated and cleared already and scuffed back ready for airbrush artwork. If I use solvent paint like House Of Kolor can I leave it for a few days before clearcoating? or is that going to be an issue if I've let it cure for too long?..what is the maximum time I can leave the artwork for before clearcoating? Thanks! Joti

I havnt (yet but watch this space) used h.o.k but i don't think your issue is something you need to worry about. ... Some of our friends with more experience of h.o.k will confirm that though

Hey Joti_d!
You may find that we can answer your question a lot better by going to the ‘introductions’ forum and giving us a bit of detail about yourself. It helps you create a friendly impression and you’ll normally get a warmer welcome (otherwise you may find people pointing at you saying ‘Stranger Danger!!’). :)
Let us know who you are!

You have windows which have certain time. If you do not plan on getting all the work done in one day you will need intercoat clear to cover over that you have done. But shop conditions, Temps and humidity plan a big part on total cure time. Not knowing anything about you like where you live how long you been painting and such that is about the best answer I can give other than Give David Monnig and his folks a call over at Coast Airbrush cause that is who helped me learn everything I needed to know about using HOK for the area I live in .

and if in doubt... Read what the manufacturer says, that should answer your question... A good painter knows how long he has to work and how the product should be applied... and remember, manufacturer knows best!!

Sorry I'm a bit late to this but most HOK need to be recoated within a 30 minute to 2 hr window to ensure chemical bonding, else you have to scuff the surface, fine unless you're painting Kandy when scuffing is not really possible.

Back